Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Peer to Peer content

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Huntylicious

10-06-2014

Cheerio to all of you,

So I've been breeding on this idea for a while now, and seeing as how numerous other F2P games are engaging in this ground, why wouldn't the most played one do so as well?

A system that allows players to create content and sell it on the marketplace for IP/RP -- take for example things like custom taunts/dance moves or such, approved by Riot. You'd also be able to think of things like icons, perhaps other things as well?

I'd like to hear any feedback ya got on this.

PS, I didn't see a more appropriate place to post this, that's why it's here.

Frostbutt

10-06-2014

A problem would be that if just anyone could make such content, AND it had to be approved by Riot ... imagine the vast amounts of content hey would have to sift through.

Also, other things:
Taunts: I doubt many people could imitate even a single champion's voice.
Dances: Sure, I don't see why not.
Icons: Not so sure about this. (I tried to type out an explanation but it got too complicated.)

---
I don't know how much stuff goes through the DotA2 forge (or whatever it's called, haven't seen it in a while) but I imagine that's what you want in LoL.

Huntylicious

10-06-2014

I suppose you could compare it to Dota's forge (as it's pretty good, too).
Another good example is Team Fortress' workshop where the users evaluate if they want it in-game, then at a set amount of upvotes the staff takes notice, decides whether or not to put it in.

I do agree it'd be a ton of work to sift through it, but for that you'd have the community.
This could also be a chance for Riot to get involved with the Community more than it is right now.

Regarding the Taunts, there are some pretty talented actors out there, take for instance the artists that make all them LoL songs.

AmononDemora

10-06-2014

I think the Icons make the most sense especially for people who want to make teams, who could make and sell their logo.