Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Awesome tweak that will HELP people ALOT.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DragonKin96

10-05-2014

Okay I was recently in game and I had bad lagging issues. by bad i mean i couldn't play longer then 20 seconds before getting kicked. it was on my end not Riots. so i reset everything and i did a speed test. then an idea came into my dumb head.

Riot needs an internet speed tester interfaced with the client. it will tell players what their ping is and if it is fast enough to play Lol with out lags. it would save players and their team mates TONS of frustration and chaos. because most players have bad internet before logging in. Yeah there will still be unexpected lags because sometimes it just happens, but a lot of it is because of bad internet connections. so thats my idea and i would love to see something like this interfaced with the game client as would other summoners.

Hope you guys like it! give me some feedback any ideas or anything.

JonnySwag

10-06-2014

it does tell you your ping in the game, in the top right under your FPS, the yellow bar is your ping. If you hover your mouse over the bar it tells you what your ping is.

DragonKin96

10-06-2014

Quote:
JonnySwag:
it does tell you your ping in the game, in the top right under your FPS, the yellow bar is your ping. If you hover your mouse over the bar it tells you what your ping is.

I know about the in game ping and what I am talking about is different. The in game ping is almost useless cause you are already in game and there is nothing you can do if you are lagging out. This is NOT in game it is in the pop up client before you start a game or the pop up before you launch the client. It tests to see if you have a good enough connection BEFORE you play the actual game.

DragonKin96

10-06-2014

I'll make a concept photo here later today.
To show what I mean exactly.