Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

orianna build meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

maikokk

10-05-2014

im wondering why nobody seems to be using the most overpowered item for orianna!

nashors tooth is not only extremely gold efficient (good buy with no other AP, pennies for dollars full build AP) but synergizes way too well with orianna.

the only answer ive received so far is "if you dont buy athenes ull run out of mana"
this can be avoided in so many ways i cant even comprehend it being a legitimate argument to negate the huge impact it has on her sustained damage

not only does it add more AP scaling to your AAs, it makes them happen more frequently, and helps you get to max proccing her passive faster. you will outduel almost anyone as a result of rushing it, and it will only get better as you add mpen and AP.

why isnt this meta?

meaniehead

10-05-2014

I may be completely missing the point but she is a burst/utility mage, not a sustained dmg mage. To provide that utility you need to have lots of mana regen to keep cranking out shields and slows and burst. Therefore, having athenes for constant mana is more important than nashor's for a dps boost.

maikokk

10-06-2014

ok so the point here is with nashors tooth your AAs do as much damage as your abilities (granted they arnt AOE, but also granted you can use them whenever you please at the rate of 1.5 per second if you spring for AS runes and nashors) therefore you then have the option of using mana very conservatively and not needing a mana regen item, or doing something like building seraphs embrace to have the best of all worlds. i never lost a 1v1 trade early-mid game using this as a starting point. from there (being fed) you have the option to go pretty much wherever you want with this. (even selling nashors after reaching full build if it ceases to give you the desired value late game)

basically you have the option of being bursty AND consistant with your damage. this comes in handy when facing people who ignorantly try to pick you off after your burst potential has been spent on killing their teamates. suprize! AAs of doom, shield, aas of doom, oh my w is off cooldown bye!