Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Zed build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zajef77

10-05-2014

I started playing Zed a week ago, and i found myself very successful with him. However, I don't know if I'm building correctly. I usually go for tiamat first, not upgrading it into ravenous since i think the stats are more cost efficient, then i grab a brutalizer. After that, I take a vamp scepter/BF sword and upgrade it into BT. Then, I upgrade my brutalizer into a black cleaver and my vamp scepter/BF sword into Bloodthirster, and my tiamat into ravenous. After that, i get LW, then a situational item depending on the opposite team comp (i take generally mobi boots whenever i feel like i need them to roam/come back to lane faster). Is there a way to build that would do more damage? That would be better in straight 1v1? teamfights? splitpush? (i dont take BORK because i never really feel like i need it to catch up to my opponents since i get the slow from W-E and im kinda good at landing my Q's so i dont need them to move faster) Thanks in advance for feedback

Zajef77

Puddinglax

10-05-2014

BoTRK is essential on Zed. You always want to rush a bilgewater, and get a brutalizer before completing it. Brutalizer goes to black cleaver, then ravenous hydra. Last whisper, cd boots and either a GA, BT or whatever to top it off.

There's also the option of taking your Brutalizer into a Yoummu's and getting an IE instead of hydra.

Split pushing is really going to be how zed carries, as he has good damage, waveclear and good escapes. Ofc you should teamfight too when your team needs you.

MiLdLYirriTaTed

10-06-2014

The BoTRK for Zed isn't necessarily to catch opponents, it's for your all-in burst after you activate death mark. Activate Death mark, then activate BoTRK and ignite and land as much damage as you can before the mark triggers. It's a very strong 1v1 dueling tool for Zed.

Also, Ravenous Hydra isn't really needed unless you put HEAVY emphasis on split pushing early, Zed has pretty decent wave clear without hydra, and in the event you do get Hydra, you better be a split pushing fiend to make that worth it.

I also upgrade brutalizer to ghost blade rather than black cleaver for the extra burst on activation, it has a 45s cool down so you can use it every time you get into a dueling situation as you split push or team fight.

Every game is different but the general frame I work with is: I rush bilgewater, boots, BoTRK, brutalizer, ghost blade, LW, then whatever else is necessary. His 3 key items for me is BoTRK, Ghostblade, LW, everything after that is as needed.