League of Legends Not Responding

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tek Wolf

02-03-2011

I was having this problem yesterday and a wrenchman replied, he asked me to check my port 80. well it was closed. so i opened one up with some instructions i found online... i cant find that post, for awhile now the search function on the forums have been disabled. well for me at least. can someone help me? im not sure what to do.. ive played for over a year.

thank you.

Edit: this not responding thing comes up after champion selection. the screen goes black like its going to load up then it just locks up. when i clt alt del it says its not responding..

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2011

Hi Nytemare,

I'm not sure if it was me you were talking to, but I can think of a few reasons this would happen:

1 - Some other ports not being open
2 - A firewall on your PC blocking the game from running. Or an antivirus
3 - Some crucial files being missing, such as DirectX9.0c or DotNet 3.5

To check number 1:

Go to http://firebind.com
And run a test against all these ports: http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...-network-ports

For number 2: Make sure C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Game\League of Legends.exe is not blocked by your antivirus or firewall

Check those two before we go on to number 3 =-P

Tek Wolf

02-03-2011

i dont think it was you, the other person sent me to a different site. and the ports didnt work there... well according to the site you sent me my ports passed. i have directx11 version.

would it be better if i just reinstall the game?

i forgot to mention that i had did a re installation for LoL cuz my framerates were horrible. the framerates continued so i thought it would be my graphics card drivers that i installed last week. well i decided to do a system restore and when i tried to play a practice match this started happening.

btw thanks for the help, you guys are cool.

and on a side note you guys are not cool for making a tower defense game app for the iphone but not for the android phone >.>

agherwyijogkj

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2011

moar powerful hardware required.

Eambo

02-03-2011

I'm not Riot, so it's not my game. But in my opinion, there's better TD games out there =-P

Regarding your issue, make sure you have DirectX 9.0c and DotNet 3.5 installed. These are both required (even if you have DX9.0c, you still need DX9.0c installed)

Another thing you could try is repatching:

Go to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends

Open up the files "LOL.Game.Version" and "LOL.Air.Version"

Find where it says <Version>XX</Version> and put it down by one. For example:

<Version>62</Version> becomes <Version>61 </Version>

Save this, reopen the launcher, and it'll repatch.

Tek Wolf

02-03-2011

thanks got it to work, i guess it just needed to be repatched. better td games out there? none of them have LoL logo on it lol. its fun to see alistair rushing to your base.

and for agherwyijogkj if my hd5870 cant handle this game then maybe i shouldnt be playing this game.

the new drivers just ****ed everything up.

thanks again eambo, i can now start playing again

Eambo

02-03-2011

I'm using 11.1 on my Crossfire 5870's - as long as I leave Anti-Aliasing under 4x it works fine :-)

Tek Wolf

02-03-2011

cool, i was thinking about getting another one but i think im good with mine for now. running it stock can pretty much play anything on the highest settings. if not i can just oc to the gpu to 960 mhz and the memory to 1330mhz... i have the pcs+

Eambo

02-03-2011

Yeah I'd stick with one, I got them both together and crossfire = more hassle than it's worth >.<

PS: I'm going to program a disk size checker into my PatcherFix thanks to your issue, haha :-)

Gallahan

02-03-2011

How do you change those files back one? I have the same problem