Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

victorious skins?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Negaflame

10-05-2014

anyone else feel disappointed that you need gold ranking to get access to those skin?

if you like playing normal you will never get those skin and if you are stuck in "elo hell" you might not have a chance regardless how many game you played or won.

EffectFX

10-05-2014

So get better and win.

Negaflame

10-05-2014

I will just have to put my get better cap on! so easy when you say it.

wolfax

10-05-2014

Quote:
Negaflame:

It's a reward for the people that put the effort in to get better. I don't see how that's an issue. It's not like they're getting a new champion or a power up or anything like that. It's literally just a symbol that you put some time and effort into getting better.

EffectFX

10-05-2014

Quote:
Negaflame:

When improving yourself, the only thing stopping you is yourself.

Raiyza

10-05-2014

Its really just an incentive to play the game. That's all it is.

Negaflame

10-05-2014

Quote:
Raiyza:
Its really just an incentive to play the game. That's all it is.

i guess when you look at it that way. im working on it tough. alredy silver and hoping i can get into gold before end of season.

Raiyza

10-05-2014

Quote:
Negaflame:
i guess when you look at it that way. im working on it tough. alredy silver and hoping i can get into gold before end of season.

Same here! I've been watching the worlds and higher level games to see if I can pick up tips and behaviors to help me play better.

Don't give up if it means something to you, and you'll do fine.

CerealBoxOfDoom

10-05-2014

the only complaint I have is that you have to be gold

right the f*** now

to get any particular skin

I mean whats the point of even playing ranked right now if I don't even know if there will be an ahri skin next year.

Ph34rM3333

10-05-2014

Quote:
Negaflame:
if you like playing normal you will never get those skin and if you are stuck in "elo hell" you might not have a chance regardless how many game you played or won.

well that's false. i like playing normals, but i wanted the victorious skin so i've played a handful of ranked games to make sure i got there.

what you've listed are only the excuses people make when they want to avoid the realization that they'll need to improve at the game and play more consistently in order to climb.