Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riven Help?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DragonKin96

10-05-2014

Okay I have been playing Riven for awhile and Im not bad with her persay, but I would like to be a lot better. I am not sure if I am just getting matched with better top laners or what, but I am sick of my losing streak. Any tips? Ill put how I start off below.

Starting items: Long Sword, ward, and rest of gold goes to health Pots. (I know lots of people do doransblade,but i think LS starts me off a bit ahead to get BT faster)

I build blood thirstier,Enchantment: Homeguard(mainly for the big boost to get off base), Frozen Mallet, Ravenous Hydra, blackcleaver, and last i shoot for Guardian Angel or Randuin's Omen.

Any tips or on my build? or any tips on how to play her?

My stats here at Lolking>>>> http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/54589463

Zajef77

10-05-2014

The main thing with riven is to know her combo well. And to practice it. A lot. You need to remember to do an auto-attack between your Q's, and if you can do it (with a decent ping), cancel your auto-attack animation by doing another Q. Also, remember that you can start your W animation during your E dash, so you stun them as you finish your dash instead of 0.25 after. This can ensure you a kill. Also, remember that your ultimate will do full damage when your target has 25% HP or less. You don't need to wait for them to have 10% HP to use the second part, since it will not deal bonus damage, and the other champion might escape. Also, remember that you can use your first cast of ultimate DURING your E animation, like for your W. This way, it wont interrupt your movement and they wont be able to run away... THEY SHALL NOT RUN AWAY FROM YOU!!!

Hoped I helped

DragonKin96

10-05-2014

Sounds like a few custom matches are to be in order. Thank you Zajef77 ill give this a go hopefully this will strengthen my performance.