Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Add Voice Chat to League of Legends

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoMuricaMan

10-05-2014

On the matter of many toxic players in the League of Legends community I think it would be a good idea to add an In-Game voice chat to league of legends. Similar to Counter Strike you would press a key to begin talking. I think communicating with voice would reduce the amount of toxic players in League of Legends due to the fact that when you are typing a message to a person it is hard to visualize a real person on the other end. If people don't really feel like there is another person on the other end, they will be more toxic because they won't really care. If you are talking to someone in a real conversation you would be less toxic because you feel more like you are really communicating with a person. In counter strike the voice chat is extremely helpful because you can use it to plan strategies, to communicate to your team mates what you want to do or what you are doing, and also you can give directions to your team mate once you have died to help them out. In counter strike I have never had a toxic player that uses the voice chat over the typing chat. I think it would be a really great idea to add a voice chat in the League of Legends.

TheAtheistOtaku

10-05-2014

oh god no. It will become like Call of duty. Bunch of 10 year olds cursing up a storm and crying at the end of the game

Jeddy017

10-05-2014

This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa9pxW4G4jQ
And this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcdXKXY3rmk

Jokes aside,voice chat should be optional if ever implemented.

Ph34rM3333

10-05-2014

Quote:
GoMuricaMan:
I think communicating with voice would reduce the amount of toxic players in League of Legends due to the fact that when you are typing a message to a person it is hard to visualize a real person on the other end. If people don't really feel like there is another person on the other end, they will be more toxic because they won't really care. If you are talking to someone in a real conversation you would be less toxic because you feel more like you are really communicating with a person.

then the entire premise of your argument is flawed

in-game voice was probably the worst feature added in dota 2, and there's no reason it would be different here