Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Yasuo Windwall is still too strong?

1
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TSM Bennitto

Junior Member

10-05-2014

Yasuo's Windwall, in my opinion, is way too strong of an ability. Being able to negate almost all the damage from the adc and apc from one well placed wall is ridiculous. And yes it has a 20 sec cd, but the team can just not go in for 20 seconds.

His wall doesn't make much sense either. Wind destroys metal Zigg's bombs, and evaporates Magic?

Here's my suggestion. Make it so Yasuo's Windwall reduces projectile movement speed by about 60%/65%/70%/75%/80% so that you still have to dodge projectiles, but it makes it much easier. Plus it makes more sense when it comes to a wall made of wind.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wolfax

Senior Member

10-05-2014

The idea isn't is destroys them, but deflects them straight up since the wind is so strong. It just looks like destroying since the constant knocking up particles would get annoying and confusing quickly.

Anyways, it's meant to be strong. It's Yasuo's built in survivability that every melee ADC needs to be useful. They don't have to safety of ranged ADCs that their range naturally provides them. They are in the most dangerous place to be, right up next to the enemy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Direfury

Senior Member

10-05-2014

Why not give it a set amount of health or something? Have it lose health with each missile it blocks before dispersing? This way you can hammer away at it if you have to.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TSM Bennitto

Junior Member

10-05-2014

Quote:
wolfax:
The idea isn't is destroys them, but deflects them straight up since the wind is so strong. It just looks like destroying since the constant knocking up particles would get annoying and confusing quickly.

Anyways, it's meant to be strong. It's Yasuo's built in survivability that every melee ADC needs to be useful. They don't have to safety of ranged ADCs that their range naturally provides them. They are in the most dangerous place to be, right up next to the enemy.



Well if it knocks them up then shouldn't they come down at some point?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

10-05-2014

Quote:
LeCanardBleu:
Well if it knocks them up then shouldn't they come down at some point?

Are you saying you actually want Riot to waste time on programming a randomized algorithm to calculate when and where projectiles blocked by Wind Wall will land?

If so, you probably shouldn't be playing MOBAs. Ever.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sleeper Cell

Senior Member

10-05-2014

Quote:
LeCanardBleu:
Well if it knocks them up then shouldn't they come down at some point?

Agreed. And enemy champions that dash into the wall should be able to ride the current as well and move about the sky unseen by the enemy Yasuo and his team before landing on top of them like 5 Pantheon ults.

Why has Riot not hired you yet?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TSM Bennitto

Junior Member

10-06-2014

Quote:
Sleeper Cell:
Agreed. And enemy champions that dash into the wall should be able to ride the current as well and move about the sky unseen by the enemy Yasuo and his team before landing on top of them like 5 Pantheon ults.

Why has Riot not hired you yet?


Just because you like playing Yasuo doesn't mean you have to get your panties in a twist every time somebody suggests changes. I;m just thinking out loud here, and if you don't like it then you can just leave the forum.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TSM Bennitto

Junior Member

10-06-2014

Quote:
wolfax:
The idea isn't is destroys them, but deflects them straight up since the wind is so strong. It just looks like destroying since the constant knocking up particles would get annoying and confusing quickly.

Anyways, it's meant to be strong. It's Yasuo's built in survivability that every melee ADC needs to be useful. They don't have to safety of ranged ADCs that their range naturally provides them. They are in the most dangerous place to be, right up next to the enemy.



I understand that, and I agree, but take Master Yi for example. He has to stop moving completely to take use of his survivability. With Yasuo, he already gets a shield plus range and cc on every third q, so making it so that half of the enemy team can't attack without running directly into your team seems a but too strong to me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

10-06-2014

Quote:
LeCanardBleu:
Just because you like playing Yasuo doesn't mean you have to get your panties in a twist every time somebody suggests changes. I'm just thinking out loud here, and if you don't like it then you can just leave the forum.

Just because you've never played Yasuo and don't understand anything about him other than his Wind Wall blocking projectiles, it doesn't mean you have to suggest nerfing something that isn't a problem for good players. You're just thinking out loud, and we're telling you that your thoughts are stupid. If you don't like it, you can leave the forum.
Quote:
LeCanardBleu:
I understand that, and I agree, but take Master Yi for example. He has to stop moving completely to take use of his survivability. With Yasuo, he already gets a shield plus range and cc on every third q, so making it so that half of the enemy team can't attack without running directly into your team seems a but too strong to me.

Yi is also significantly easier to play compared to Yasuo. Yi also has better steroids and damage output compared to Yasuo. Yi also has untargetability on Alpha Strike as a second defensive measure, which is not standing still.

But please, go on and list things about which you know jack ****.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

R3dlegend

Member

10-06-2014

Quote:
JustMyBassCannon:
Just because you've never played Yasuo and don't understand anything about him other than his Wind Wall blocking projectiles, it doesn't mean you have to suggest nerfing something that isn't a problem for good players. You're just thinking out loud, and we're telling you that your thoughts are stupid. If you don't like it, you can leave the forum.

Yi is also significantly easier to play compared to Yasuo. Yi also has better steroids and damage output compared to Yasuo. Yi also has untargetability on Alpha Strike as a second defensive measure, which is not standing still.

But please, go on and list things about which you know jack ****.

You are just rude and shouldn't even be replying. It's the people that are just like you that are making this game less fun. Yasuo in game is proof enough that he is in need of a nerf. His passive doubles his crit chance, but reduces the damage. Well hell, the damage does not matter one bit if he crits every single time he hits you. If a Yasuo dives a Volibear and beats through his thornmail and passive, which has happened to me before, he is in need of a nerf. I don't know much about his windwall and don't care to know anything about it. I have played Yasuo and he is insanely op. You also said his thoughts are stupid. Your ignorance is killing braincells, and if you don't like it, leave the forums.


1