Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Guide to new Soraka!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Faceplosion

10-05-2014

http://www.lolking.net/guides/308138

Feel free to ask any question here, and I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability

iluvalar

10-05-2014

You will still want to start with Q even if W is more useful, because you can manage the level 2 all in that way. You can trade with the adc and soften the minion wave at the same time. If done corectly, you are pretty much garanteed to reach level 2 before the opponents if you dont have to leash. And if you have, you can secure that 1-2 cs needed to reach level 2 before you get attacked. Either way, starcall is very potent for that you shouldn't miss that opportunity.

I'd prefer the second point in Q before the 4rth point in W.

With proper training, I'm surprised how easy it is to trigger the spellthief stacks with eclipse. One even sometime 2 stacks per enemy in the area. at first I thought that the starcall cd and it difficulty to hit would make the spellthief useless, but thanks to eclipse it's not so hard to use it at max efficiency. You could suggest it.

You should make a room to show the armguard in your items. While it's a subcomponent of the hourglass, it is actually more cost efficient then the hourglass itself (and most items) and it's all the stats your are looking for. So if you are smart, you build it early and you sit on it for as long as you can.

The banshee veil passive which grant 450 health each time you get hit by something is very potent on that very low health/high armor build sometime you even steer into a starcall or a darkpool to make sure you get hit by it to regen more health. I'd prefer that to the spirit visage (actualy I build both now).

The liandry gives health (eww!) and frankly you have no real damaging skills, so MR is quite a wasted stat as well. So meh... wouldn't recommend that.

Spamming 40% sometime even 80% more starcall during laning phase is quite potent and frankly by itself worth an heal or an ignite summoner spell. I know it's a controversial summoner but clarity will on top of that allow you to give mana to your teamates. Like good old time :3 . If that's not enough, it also allow you to skip entirely the mana generation item and keep that slot for something else. Give it a shot !

Faceplosion

10-05-2014

I really like a few of your ideas!

Quote:
iluvalar:
You will still want to start with Q even if W is more useful, because you can manage the level 2 all in that way. You can trade with the adc and soften the minion wave at the same time. If done corectly, you are pretty much garanteed to reach level 2 before the opponents if you dont have to leash. And if you have, you can secure that 1-2 cs needed to reach level 2 before you get attacked. Either way, starcall is very potent for that you shouldn't miss that opportunity.

Interesting, I'll try it next game.

Quote:
I'd prefer the second point in Q before the 4rth point in W.

I'm really not a fan of maxing two things at once. In my opinion, It's better to finish maxing W before moving onto Q.

Quote:
With proper training, I'm surprised how easy it is to trigger the spellthief stacks with eclipse. One even sometime 2 stacks per enemy in the area. at first I thought that the starcall cd and it difficulty to hit would make the spellthief useless, but thanks to eclipse it's not so hard to use it at max efficiency. You could suggest it.

I'm a bit skeptical, but I'll try it out in my next game.

Quote:
You should make a room to show the armguard in your items. While it's a subcomponent of the hourglass, it is actually more cost efficient then the hourglass itself (and most items) and it's all the stats your are looking for. So if you are smart, you build it early and you sit on it for as long as you can.

I can see what you're saying, but I'd rather not overemphasize one item. If I did that, I'd have to put other obvious components into the guide (getting Tear before Wand for Archangel's Staff for example.)

Quote:
The banshee veil passive which grant 450 health each time you get hit by something is very potent on that very low health/high armor build sometime you even steer into a starcall or a darkpool to make sure you get hit by it to regen more health. I'd prefer that to the spirit visage (actualy I build both now).

I'm a much bigger fan of the CDR and health regen provided by Spirit Visage. That said, I believe both are good items for Soraka, I'd just prioritize Spirit Visage unless the enemy team has a bunch of spells I absolutely need to spellshield. Even then, I'd looking into getting them both before replacing Spirit Visage.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, Banshee's doesn't give 450 health for getting hit. It gives 45 health regen for 10 seconds, but hp regen is measured on a per 5 second basis (HP/5.) Banshee's Veil only gives you 90 health over 10 seconds for getting hit, not 450.

Quote:
The liandry gives health (eww!) and frankly you have no real damaging skills, so MR is quite a wasted stat as well. So meh... wouldn't recommend that.

Eh, I don't build it much, but it's certainly not terrible. I agree with it not being your #1 priority, but I think it's decent enough to warrant being in the main build. In the future, if a better AP item came out, I'd probably move it down to situational, but that doesn't seem to be happening any time soon.

Quote:
Spamming 40% sometime even 80% more starcall during laning phase is quite potent and frankly by itself worth an heal or an ignite summoner spell. I know it's a controversial summoner but clarity will on top of that allow you to give mana to your teamates. Like good old time :3 . If that's not enough, it also allow you to skip entirely the mana generation item and keep that slot for something else. Give it a shot !

I can see what you're saying, but in my opinion, there are more important summoners to take. Even if you were to max Q, the pressure provided by getting clarity would still be outweighed by what you're missing out on.

Thank you for the feedback! I have a few things to try out for my next Raka game, and depending on how it works out, I'll add it to the guide.

iluvalar

10-05-2014

Quote:
Faceplosion:

EDIT: I forgot to mention, Banshee's doesn't give 450 health for getting hit. It gives 45 health regen for 10 seconds, but hp regen is measured on a per 5 second basis (HP/5.) Banshee's Veil only gives you 90 health over 10 seconds for getting hit, not 450.

Wow I dont know where I learned to count. Thanks for the fix. Still veil feel good on soraka. Let's say it's situational ?

Quote:
Faceplosion:

I can see what you're saying, but in my opinion, there are more important summoners to take. Even if you were to max Q, the pressure provided by getting clarity would still be outweighed by what you're missing out on.

Keep in mind that if you can land only 2 more starcalls it does quite the same amount of damage then ignite, it gives enough health for one more heal which heal quite as much as the heal summoner AND you accidentally regenerated your teammate mana. Just saying. I feel clarity is underestimated a bit...