Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Player contempt for discipline system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Landrein

10-05-2014

Since riot started the banning system, I have been trying to be as pleasant as possible. If riot is getting serious about stopping the epidemic of trolls in the game, I thought that I could really try to be a better player myself in support. It seems though, that there is still a lot of work to do. This latest conversation is a typical example of champ select in league of legends. Note the out right contempt the a couple of players have for the riot's disciplinary initiatives. (player 1 and 4 are duo que.) Anyway, good luck riot, I hope for your success. (obviously i changed the names cause it isn't my intent to call individuals out.

player 1: ADC OR FED
player 2: adc
player 3: http://cv.gg/d2AHk5
player4 : adc
player 3: lol
player5: umm adc
player 3: (adc or feed) ... three calls for adc
player 1: adc or fed i repeat adc or fed
player 4: player5 I'm adc actually
player1: i dont five a ****k am adc or ia dc
player 4: I called first and we're same pick
player 3: so if we don't give you adc, you get fed?
player 5: word
player 3: None of us seem like the kind to care about your threats.
player 4: That lucian autolock tho
player 5: mid
player 1: fedding time
player 3: Honestly, riot is getting more determined to ban trolls, so just go afk then get banned
player 1: stfu u mad
player 3: I've lost ranked games before, I can loose one more.
player 1: and i dont givvee a ****kk a bout ur life
player 4: Nah he won't get banned he'll get a 450 game chat restrict he's had 300 before
player 3: obviously you do, or you would just shut up and afk.
player 3: Nah, they have begun banning people now
player 4: Nah they havent
player 3: yeah they have, 14 games first time perma second
player 4: Nope I havent been banned sooo nobody's being banned
player 3: lol there are so many holes in that logic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shadowmark2014

10-05-2014

Doesn't exactly surprise me, it's all very common in solo queue... I would say find a group of friends and play with them, but that isn't very good advice.

But Riot's endeavors to remove such negativity amongst players seems to have targeted the wrong demographic; and instead removed quite a few individuals that aren't necessarily as harmful as they may have been perceived, I am not entirely sure if you have noticed the recent ban wave, but Riot is currently doing something about this circumstance, but I doubt you will be seeing less of this anytime soon.