Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Unknown bans?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noriega

10-05-2014

Hey, my name's Mike. I've been at work for about a week now, just straight driving to work staying for 12+ hours coming home and sleeping. Well I found I had a few hours today after getting some sleep so I decided "Hey! Why don't I jump on league and say what's up to some peeps?" Well, that didn't exactly go over too well. Logging on I received this message

"This account has been suspended until October 14, 2014. Please check the email address associated with your League of Legends account for more details"

... Okay. "The hell?" I thought, so i promptly checked my email... Which said absolutely nothing.

Greetings ****,

Actions that have been performed on your account are in violation of the League of Legends Terms of Use. You can review these terms at http://www.leagueoflegends.com/legal/termsofuse

Due to the severity of this violation, your League of Legends account has been banned until Tue Oct 14 17:33:48 PDT 2014

If you have any questions, contact our Player Support team at https://support.leagueoflegends.com/home

Riot Games Player Support.

So no information as to why I am banned, no answer back from anyone at riot I mean I know they are busy but come on. Anyway checking around I have found that quite a bit of people have ran into this same exact problem. I haven't been exactly nice lately in my games but it hasn't been bad enough to warrant a ban, I haven't been leaving games save for the riot server issues. I just want to know why I am banned from playing a simple damn game where quite literally I feel I've done nothing wrong.

TL`DR In short, short summary, Riot banned me. I feel it is an unjustly ban and if it is just I would LOVE to see WHY I got banned. I have run into quite a few troll teams (I.E multiple trolls queued with each other)and been reported by them but I can't see how that would do anything. Unless... Of course riot doesn't read reports after all? 0_o I haven't ever been warned or punished before so I think that even in the event I have done something wrong a 14 day ban is a bit extreme no?

Anyone else having this issue? Just believe me I'm not one of those trolls who every game calls everyone every name you can think of than come here when they get banned. I legitimately believe this was unjust and completely unwarranted.

Noriega

10-05-2014

Also let me clarify, I am not raging at riot in anyway, truly I'm not. I just want some insight as to why I am banned and obviously support tickets are not working.

magooomba

10-05-2014

Quote:
Noriega:
TL`DR In short, short summary, Riot banned me. I feel it is an unjustly ban and if it is just I would LOVE to see WHY I got banned. I have run into quite a few troll teams (I.E multiple trolls queued with each other)and been reported by them but I can't see how that would do anything. Unless... Of course riot doesn't read reports after all? 0_o I haven't ever been warned or punished before so I think that even in the event I have done something wrong a 14 day ban is a bit extreme no?

These bans go out for, as the message stated, behaviors that Riot considers to be "extremely" toxic. This means that either the behavior exhibited was either severe itself or was so frequent as to warrant this escalated ban. Rest assured, these bans are reviewed and are highly accurate. That said, mistakes have happened, and it's worth asking Riot about it.

If you want to see some chat logs, you can submit a Support Ticket (https://support.leagueoflegends.com/anonymous_requests/new) directly to Riot and ask for them. I'd caution you against filling your request with superfluous information. Simply state you received a 14 day ban and would like to see the chat logs. After several business days, you'll receive a response which will contain some chat logs, and will also serve as a Customer Support member double checking the justification of your ban.

Quote:
Noriega:
[B]Anyone else having this issue? Just believe me I'm not one of those trolls who every game calls everyone every name you can think of than come here when they get banned. I legitimately believe this was unjust and completely unwarranted.

This is I believe the 5th ban wave of this type that has gone out. These bans have thus far been applied to less than 1% of the entire playerbase. So there are other people in your shoes, but it's not something that should be confused as commonplace. Hopefully you'll receive those chat logs soon to see why Riot felt the need to issue this ban and, should you need help realizing why those chat logs resulted in punishment, feel free to post them here.

Quote:
Noriega:
Also let me clarify, I am not raging at riot in anyway, truly I'm not. I just want some insight as to why I am banned and obviously support tickets are not working.

Certainly. The process right now is a stopgap, and the communication of these bans is subpar. The Tribunal, which previously issued bans such as these, is down for maintenance, and in the mean time Riot has been handling all bans personally. There were chat logs provided in something called a "Reform Card" which was issued automatically with a Tribunal ban. With the Tribunal down, the information provided in these Reform Cards has to be manually entered, which is why they don't provide them up front. Instead, they will do so with a Support Ticket request explicitly asking for them. Hopefully you'll get the information you seek soon.

Mars Ragnarok

10-05-2014

The support tickets are working, there are just a lot of them and it takes a while for Riot to get through them. Make sure you ask for the specific reason of your ban, and (if you want chat logs) relevant examples from your chat logs.