Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Petition to REMOVE CHAT RESTRICTIONS IN CUSTOMS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Syndra Main

10-05-2014

Hello riot, as the title reads I think there needs to be an issue resolved where chat restrictions do two things.
1. They carry into custom games
2. Custom games don't remove them

For normal people i'm sure this doesn't matter but for people like me it is a huge issue because I host custom game lobbies (things like hide and seek, draft racing, donger dash, etc). I'm a pretty big and important host to the community and I can't tell people the rules in game with /all chat off. This issue could ALSO be resolved if we were given the ability to pm people we don't have added on our list in game.

Basically theres a lot of ways that this can be resolved and I think that it should be addressed pretty soon. Its causing huge issues for me as a host and I think chat restrictions handed out in SR normal/ ranked games shouldn't have to carry into the custom game field.

Please consider my request as I think it would make leagues a much more enjoyable game to play. I currently have 275 chat restrictions and while I don't doubt riot does their best to curb toxic behavior, I feel it is unfair that my gameplay experience be completely ruined and made anti-fun. Chat restrictions were made to curb toxicity, not to curb instructions. Please consider removing them from customs or giving us the ability to pm those who aren't on our list.

Thanks!

-Syndra Main

Landrein

10-05-2014

I can see your frustration, but I think it runs afoul of the fact that chat restriction is supposed to be a punishment, i.e. its supposed to inconvenience you so that you want to be better behaved. I don't see Riot putting a lot of effort to make it more convenient.

LightBright

10-05-2014

There shouldn't be chat restriction in games with your friends it makes no sense lmao/.