Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Spell Vamp buff ideas!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tesluhhh

10-05-2014

Spell vamp is one of the things in LoL I find to be incredibly underrated, with only two real items to provide it, it kind of fizzles out when compared to its sibling Life Steal, which is used quite often. In my opinion, Spell Vamp should be reworked or tweaked to become a viable build option, if done correctly it could add a whole new take on team compositions throughout LoL. For example, let's use Kennen (and ignore the fact that he's Zhonya's Dependent). Despite now being a fading top-laner, Kennen used to be viable Top Lane, Mid Lane, and occasionally at Attack Damage Carry, and could be again, but as a much heavier AP presence, making him sort of a... Ability Power carry, and with an AD Mid-Laner, it could be actually quite viable. If given enough sustain from spell vamp, using his E, W combo Kennen could even become a decent jungler. Enough about Kennen's possibilities though, that is just a snapshot of what a Spell Vamp rework could do for ONE CHAMPION. If this was added to LoL if would definetly spice up the game, and change many champions roles in game, providing a fun, fresher take on LoL in the coming future.

Thanks for Reading,
Tesluhhh

The5lacker

10-05-2014

What is Spellvamp's problem other than there's a limited number of champs it's viable on? Because that's not a problem with the stat. That's just that BURST CHAMPIONS don't want or need healing based on their burst, because they won't be taking damage at the same time they're dealing damage. Like, ever. That's how burst champs work.

Garnasha

10-05-2014

Well, Revolver is the magic equivalent of Vamp Scepter. Scepter has 6 items on the end of its build path, Revolver has 2. They share the hybrid Gunblade, and Zeke's is niche, so the net difference is 4 vs 1. And that 1 is not nearly as strong as any of those 4.

It's not rare for an AP champion to be damaging stuff while taking or having taken damage. Not all AP is pure all-in burst assassin, and poke-wars or sustained magic damage make SV worthwhile. Meaning I've often thought "hmm, I'd like to get a Revolver, pity it doesn't build into anything decent".

The problem isn't that it's inherently non-viable (except on assassins, but that goes for AD assassins as well). The problem is that Riot seems to not want it to be viable on most champs, so they make you choose between damage and SV. Note that this is much less so for LS items: If WotA were to be on par with BT and BoRK, it'd build from NLR and have 120AP(NLR~BFS, 80AD~120AP).