Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ganking Lanes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Synticket

10-05-2014

I'm not the best in the laning phase, I miss CS alot actually, so I prefer to play as a jungler, where I can farm (mostly) uncontested.
But when I gank a lane, I ping that I'm "on the way", when I'm really in the lane. Is that wrong? Because I was playing as Ashe a while ago, and since I primarily jungle, I really only pay attention to myself (Which I know is bad, I'm sorry D, and my jungler ganked, but never pinged. When I asked him to ping, he yelled at me, saying that I had bad map awareness (which I do, I admit.), but I retorted saying that it would help if you pinged for me to come to your aid.
So, as a jungler, should you ping when you gank a lane? Or just kinda wait until the lane notices you're there?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZehPandah

10-05-2014

It would definitely help if to ping if you're coming to gank. You don't have to, but it helps make sure the person knows you're going to gank the lane.