Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thresh Support's starting items.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saehwo

10-05-2014

How do I know which items to buy first?

Doran's Shield + HP?
Ruby Crystal + HP?
Ancient Coin + Ward + Hp?
Relic shield + Ward + HP?

Puddinglax

10-05-2014

I usually go ancient coin or relic shield. Doran's isn't too bad of a start, but you'll be behind in gold. Ruby crystal is a terrible start, just because it provides a lot less tank than Doran's.

MrWaffler

Recruiter

10-05-2014

If I am paired with an ADC I am queued with or know or someone who doesn't seem like a complete potato, I ALWAYS get Relic Shield. It makes Thresh overall more powerful for the lane phase, giving him combat stats AND sustain. I do usually sell my Relic Shield without upgrading it if we get an advantage in lane, as Talisman of Acension is WAYY better in the later stages.

I do see Doran's starts, but I would only do that if I am confident that we will have an easy lane.

Saehwo

10-05-2014

Thanks a lot. Will be taking those into consideration

So here's a mid/late-game question:
How do I know what item to get and when?
When do I get
Warmog's?
Randuin's?
Do I get Zhonya's (I never have but do I get it?)?
Sunfire Cape?
Zeke's?
What if no one else is tank?
Do I sell my Sightstone? When?

Edit: how do you feel about BoRK/BT/Phantom Dancer - AP Thresh Mid?

Zeta Orionis

10-06-2014

I would never sell sightstone. Vision is always important in league of legends, but it's even more important on thresh because it lets you get picks on people wandering aimlessly or trying to switch lanes through the jungle.

Your #1 job as support is to provide vision for your team and deny vision to the enemy team. You should be getting a sightstone asap. You should always have a pink ward up at all time: it's 100g, provides true sight, and lasts until death, and if you put it in a good spot, it can easily be up for 20+ minutes. Once you get a sightstone, sell your trinket ward for the sweeper ward. Once you hit level 9, get Oracle's Lens asap, and start clearing out the enemy wards. If the enemy has no vision in their jungle, but you do (because you warded it), you'll be able to land hooks on people and pick them off with your team.

In terms of actual fighting items, you're going to want something that makes you tanky and provides cdr (more cdr = more hooks = more kills). So Frozen Heart, Locket of the Iron Solari, and whatever gp5 item you got (Face of the Mountain / Talisman of Ascension). If they have hard cc like an ahri charm, you want mikael's crucible asap in order to cleanse the CC from someone on your team. You'll also want to look to get something like a Randiun's, both because it makes you tanky, but because once you're on the frontline you can slow people down and help peel for your team.