Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A question about Promo Queues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

knowntopwn

10-05-2014

So let me just explain what I am wondering and maybe it can be clarified for my naive, ignorant mind.

So, I go to promo game 1, lose not a big deal we tried and got close. Now game two is where it struck me, of course we pick up the brand jungle and that wasn't even a huge issue, no it was what I saw after we lost the game. You know how league lets you look up extended match histories.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-history/NA/33501435 (my particular match history if you don't know what I mean or you can look at my games to berate me or whatever.)

Looking at the players for my second game I think I had at least 3 of my team members have pretty ugly looking w/l records (like dipping below like a 40% for recently played games.) and one of those 3 being exceptional having lost 20 of their last 24 games. It appears to be tilt because before those 24 games he seems like a stable player. Maybe it was just bad luck but it has my attention now and will subtly haunt me till I forget or learn what I want to know.

I would like to know how these queues pick their players.

When somebody is in a promo game does the way players are grouped change? Is it chosen based on the odds or stats? Should it be? Would it be possible/practical/and fair to have tilted players barred from a either team which has a player in promo.

I could be wrong but my feeble mind thinks this would be a minor improvement unto promotional games in hopes to get 10 people who can play the game at a moderately competent level at the time instead of picking based whatever rank they happen to be currently. Perhaps it's not within bounds of reason but that's the only thing I really could take away from that aside standard reflection.

Either way climbing will happen as long as I stay consistent but I have to say going into promos is a tedious process that makes me walk away from ranked on some days lol. If it's no different then regular queues, although my question remains and I would like to know how players are chosen to fight against each other. Personally I am alright with non-promo games being picked mildly random but I don't think it's cool to give people 3 games to prove themselves and match them with somebody who has won 16% of their last 24 games.

I would like to think that recent games played in conjuction too your current over rank/lp would be a good way to determine whether or not somebody is on tilt and decide to so keep them from promotional games.

Eh, just stuff I was wondering about lately.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M1key

10-05-2014

Been wondering this as well, seems like I'll go on a huge winning streak in solo queue ranked, but the second I get to my series I just get the most toxic, unhelpful, and usually ineffective players. The people I'm paired with during my promos seem to almost always be either substantially worse than those I was playing with prior to the promo series. Obviously this just sounds like I'm upset because I've lost a series or something, but it seems to be a pattern of win 3-4 in a row, then get to series and get absolutely decimated 2-3 games in a row; like, completely one sided matches where we just get destroyed.