Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sivir or Lissandra?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goddess 0f W4R

10-05-2014

Hello everyone!!!

I'm new to League of Legends (been playing since Thursday). I was wondering which champion you prefer... Sivir or Lissandra. Also if you have played either of these champions, do you have any tips?

Thanks everyone

koalaknight

10-05-2014

Both are fun champions, but just not very common picks. I personally like Lissandra more than Sivir, but I would probably play Sivir more if I get better at her.

Lissandra has a ridiculous amount of utility, but is a bit on the weaker side with her lower damage and range than other AP carries. She is probably one of the most difficult champions to tower dive, and can turn around a lot of bad situations. You will probably need to go for a bit more tanky build since she is always going to be in the middle of the team fight. Her kit has a lot of interesting abilities, but the lower damage as a trade off for her high utility will make her a bit more difficult to play.

In terms of Sivir, she has short range (relative to most of the other AD carries), but has very high damage output if her team protects her. She is a pretty strong duelist, and works well in team fight comps and just chasing down the enemy team (or escaping if things don't work well). I guess she is a very high risk but high reward champion. She will be kind of difficult to learn in that you will need to have good positioning with her; her short auto-attack range will put her in range of most abilities and most other AD carries will have longer range, where when you fight, you will need to basically go all in. And since she does not have any dashes / blinks /etc. but rather relies on getting auto-attacks off on champions to gain movement speed, you will need to be able to kite well with her to survive. But, she is highly rewarding once you master her mechanics.

xbladethemaster

10-05-2014

Different roles. Not comparable.

Sara Leah2

10-06-2014

I only have this standard advice..

try them on free rotation and see if you enjoy them.

better to try first THEN buy because you enjoy playing them than to buy then find you never use them.

good luck either way

louis3333

10-06-2014

Quote:
Sara Leah2:
I only have this standard advice..

try them on free rotation and see if you enjoy them.

better to try first THEN buy because you enjoy playing them than to buy then find you never use them.

good luck either way

I think they are both in the beginners free champions rotation, not so sure though.