Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Gathering of Legends Card Creation Mini Constest

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oventoasted

10-05-2014

Welcome to the The Gathering of Legends mini contest. This is a 1-week contest with one winner. This week, we'll see who is the best at conceptualizing one champion and each of their abilities in a set of MTG cards.

This contest will run from Oct. 5th to Oct. 12th.

There will be one prize to first place of 650 RP.

You don't necessarily have to make a card, but I do at least want a description, formatted similar to the card. If you're super outgoing, you can download the magic set editor HERE (http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/), and make an actual card jpeg.
*Legal note: The link is a third party website not associated with Riot games or Oventoasted, and neither party is responsible for anything that happens if you click the link.
That being said, I have not gotten a virus or anything, so as long as you don't click on the ads, you should be okay.

Your goals with this contest is this:
Create a Legendary Creature card based on a league champion (Use their name and title, and try to be creative with those transforming/flipped creatures if you choose one.). The Legendary Creature card should reflect the champion as a whole, and not necessarily their literal abilities. Capture the essence of that champion.

The ability cards, on the other hand, can be a literal representation of the ability if you wish, or something different that fits the theme of the ability. The ability cards don't have to be the same color as the champion they belong to, and points won't be give based on that.

To enter:
Simply state that you are entering and which champion you are entering. Champions are assigned on a first-come first-serve basis. If you want an extra challenge, ask me for a random champion.

Judging

Judging will be done in two steps:
Step 1- Top three.
Of all the entries that are given, the judge(s) will decide on the top three cards.

Step 2- Community Poll
Anyone who wants to can vote for a winner among the top three. Votes will be cast from Oct. 12th to Oct. 13th. The winner will be announced after the poll closes. Good luck, summoners!

TIME LINE:
Oct. 5th-Oct. 12th
Creation Period
Oct. 12th-Oct. 13th
Voting time

**Side note: don't cheat by just copying a card that has already been made. Chances are, I made it anyways, and if not, I've probably seen it. Be original and have fun. ;P

Oventoasted

10-05-2014

Entrants:

Quote:
The Lost Marbles: Gnar, the Missing Link

The Lost Marbles

10-05-2014

I call dibs on Gnar.

To be honest, for all intents and purposes, Gnar IS Gruul. He's certainly spry enough, and has the strength and temper to match when he goes Mega. (Mini Gnar being tiny wouldn't hinder him much, I don't think. Planeswalker or not, Domri Rade's a twig.)

Edit: Moved my post below yours for appearances' sake.

Still Eternity

10-05-2014

(BTW, today is the last day of the old forums.)

EDIT: I've changed my mind, I'd like Azir, the Sand Emperor instead.

EDIT EDIT: Finished, I think.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Firstly, I realized we have to make ABILITY cards too. So there went my night. Secondly, Azir was brokenly over powered, so he's nerfed now. Lastly, I used some official MTG art, and I'll list which cards there are under the relevant version of my card.

Disowned Ancestor
Archetype of Courage
Kin-Tree Invocation
Brave the Sands
Phalanx Formation

Kamiroo Wolf

10-05-2014

I'll pass on this one >.<

Daedalus1103

Recruiter

10-05-2014

I'm gonna try darius

BlindXSide

10-05-2014

Since it is a Card Generator contest I do have spare time to come up with something quick. Hopefully my lack of knowledge for the game won't be too much of a problem since I can't make any sense of the symbols used. I have studied other cards though and tried to imitate the style and logic used in their makings to make my own. I'm going to have to go with my favorite Champion Thresh, The Chain Warden. That being said here are my cards.

Raptamei

10-05-2014

What happens after the forum move?

The Core Augur

10-05-2014

I used various Magic the Gathering cards as art, excluding the actual Vladimir, the Crimson Reaper card. That uses a pic of Vlad. I credited three of the artists, but forgot to credit the other two.

Scroll of Griselbrand

Essence Harvest: Daarken

Stronghold Discipline: Daarken.

Rain of Gore: Fred Hooper

Curse of Bloodletting

Raptamei

10-05-2014

Thanks Still Eternity for helping me choose.

Submission:

Not submissions:

(Yes, that's totally a thing: Chaos Orb (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=603))