Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A New Beginning: Roleplaying on the Boards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tamat

Recruiter

10-05-2014

Quote:
Ask Starchild:
A lot of people on Skype are currently angry with an issue with the ordering of threads. Specifically, threads do not order themselves by the time they were last posted in. Neither of the three sort options at the top fulfill this need. Would it be possible to add the "Latest" sort option from GD and make it the default to better suit our needs?

Would you guys like these boards to be setup like the Story & Art boards instead? The style that it's using right now pretty dang close to how it is in these forums.

Quote:
Silverling:
Question: Is there a possibility to add a link to quotes that return to the source post? I run a thread that requires that RPers either label or quote posts with others they're RPing with, and it would be a lot easier for the RPers to jump back to the original source if necessary.

We're going to be working on our quote system in the pretty near future. We know it's not that great right now.

AskMadChemist

10-05-2014

Quote:
Tamat:
Would you guys like these boards to be setup like the Story & Art boards instead? The style that it's using right now pretty dang close to how it is in these forums.

We would just like to be able to find the most recently updated threads easier.

Ask Heimerdinger

10-05-2014

Great...didn't understand how adding a picture to my thread worked and now neither Heimerdinger or Amumu got a cool picture beside theirs... so much for Heimy using technology correctly. >.<

Silverling

10-05-2014

Quote:
Tamat:

Doing a quick look through the story/art boards, it would probably be a better setup? But I would also try to confirm more from the other RPers first.

Edit: Though having the 'recent' button for showing which post goes on top would be ideal, too.

Quote:
Tamat:

We're going to be working on our quote system in the pretty near future. We know it's not that great right now.

Ah, awesome! Good to know and thanks for answering that!

Also, I edited in another question like... five minutes ago to my previous post... I'll just repost it here:

I would also like to ask if there is possibly an option to sort of 'minimize' the first post on any page after the first one. While the first post is important to see within RP threads, its also usually the giant novel of a post that takes a minute to scroll passed and I can see having to do that every single time I check for updates in a thread getting really annoying pretty quickly.

AsktheThornmage

10-05-2014

Quote:
Ask Heimerdinger:
Great...didn't understand how adding a picture to my thread worked and now neither Heimerdinger or Amumu got a cool picture beside theirs... so much for Heimy using technology correctly. >.<

You could always just delete your threads and make new ones. Just make sure you use the paperclip on the OP to add an attachment before submitting it.

Tamat

Recruiter

10-05-2014

I made some changes to the Roleplaying board to address some of the feedback. How's that now?

Ask Heimerdinger

10-05-2014

Quote:
AsktheThornmage:
You could always just delete your threads and make new ones. Just make sure you use the paperclip on the OP to add an attachment before submitting it.

Already started going to work for Heimerdinger, so it will have to do until I restart him...whenever, I am unsure if the new boards will even need restarts on account of editing fails or the like. Meh, it is Heimerdinger, if they want to find him, they can. Science hides from nothing.

Ask The Scorned

10-05-2014

Quote:
Tamat:
I made some changes to the Roleplaying board to address some of the feedback. How's that now?

That's a bit better.

Thanks!

Ask Quinn n Val

10-05-2014

well I mean I've changed the picture beside my thread like three times now, it takes a while for it to update on the boards but I think it just changes to whichever is the first attachment in your thread.

Kuronan

10-05-2014

Quote:
Tybresa:
This will be interesting to see how it develops.

... What? I keep an ear on the ground sometimes. Don't look so surprised to see me >.>

The Based Goddess has returned! For all of five minutes...

On a serious note, thank you Tamat and Runaan, for remembering us little guys (and gals) I think as a community though, we will require Two Stickies on the New Roleplaying Forums, these stickies will be:
A) The Ask Champion Compendium, that we use to keep track of which Champion is currently active on the Forums, who is available to be taken, etc.
B) We, as a community, will need to make one large thread where we can keep all the important roleplaying tips (Conducting yourself in an Ask Thread, How to join RPs (And not get yelled at) etc.) This should work as a Catalog so it's easier to keep track of rather than have like 7 stickies and 3 advice threads being constantly bumped.