Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What's AFKing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fr3nchfry92

10-04-2014

For starters I should have know the game was going to be bad. I am fairly new and just played 2 PvP games and when I lost one I played bots for a cool down. Now, I like to support as Nami and right off the bat these kids are calling me a 12 year old boy and I better know how to support...Yea.
I am assuming they are friends and lucky me I was stuck bottom with one. The guy isn't moving! He just stands there while I do all the work and even leaves me with the two bots! Just when I ask if he's there and can he push to kill the bot I had weakened he says, "lol im afking" and the his friend tells me to "stfu" and "he got more penta kills than your age"...really?
He stole every one of my kills. Normally because I am support it doesn't bother me but then again when I am support I'm not flat out abandoned. Guy only shows up when the bot's health is down to one hit kills.
I do not understand what he was calling! I get when you call lanes, support and adc. Never heard of AFKing.

Left for Zed

Recruiter

10-04-2014

afking means that they is means that they are threatening to go afk which stands for Away From Keyboard so essentially they aren't there at all.

SircomKase

10-04-2014

Wrong Afking isnt threatening, its being away from the keyboard. But Op you should really give this game a better try, yes some players are jerks but if you can find 1 single MMO that is jerkless let me know. This game is actually quite fun, its overall worst quailty is the time it takes you to get a pvp and the match to start. Sadly I don't see away riot could fix that. As for the guys you were playing with I suggest reporting them although I do believe reporting does nothing due to the amount of reports I've sent out. Mostly for Botting or spamming surrender all match.

llamasx

10-04-2014

They're probably 13 if they're calling you 12 and throwing fits about skill in a bot game. I ran into more of these at lower levels as there's a pretty big difference between thinking you sort of know how to play the game (whiny kids) and actually sort of knowing how to play the game. I haven't really seen anyone to cares much in bot games I've played since lvl 30 so it's not a persistent problem, though by 30 you'll probably be playing more pvp where people still rage all the time.

You'll probably enjoy the game more after you get over the learning curve.