Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rengar, The broken champ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zman10101

10-04-2014

In any game, when you play against Rengar, whoever is playing him, even if its their 1st time, is capable of dominating the game as long as the rest of their team isn't afk. I believe that a nerf is needed...

EffectFX

10-04-2014

False.

He's actually in a pretty good spot right now.

360D3GR3SS

Recruiter

10-04-2014

Rengar is actually really underwhelming if he does not help his team. He is SO squishy if he builds early damage.

Namnoms

10-04-2014

Rengar is barely even in the jungle meta right now lol
If he doesn't get a decent start, or gets shut down slightly he's almost useless.

xTheft

10-04-2014

Top meta he's really good if you itemize against your opponents. He's weaker against champions that are difficult to itemize against, Irelia is an example of one such champion. Fiora stomps him early, but if he builds his armor early than he'll do fine and mabye even kill her a few times. His base damages are really good with his double Q. The only thing I don't like about rengar is that his passive jump has no cooldown. It should have 5ish second cooldown so he doesn't just jump, jump, jump. It's pretty unrealistic to escape a Rengar in the jungle. He's in a good place though and so I wouldn't want to see his passive changed unless they were to buff something else in his kit.

Zman10101

10-04-2014

So what you're saying is that hes either really good and makes the game frustrating for one team or really bad and makes the game frustrating for the other?

360D3GR3SS

Recruiter

10-04-2014

Quote:
Zman10101:
So what you're saying is that hes either really good and makes the game frustrating for one team or really bad and makes the game frustrating for the other?
Yes high risk high reward in alot of cases with him in the mid game.

Zman10101

10-04-2014

Quote:
360D3GR3SS:
Yes high risk high reward in alot of cases with him in the mid game.

Ya i think Rengar shouldn't be so volatile make him good if you can play with him, not really good or bad not even taking into account your skill with the champion...

EffectFX

10-04-2014

He does pretty well now if you go bruiser. Most players just like going assassin when they forget that Riot has steadily been indirectly nerfing this build for a while.

Zman10101

10-04-2014

Quote:
EffectFX:
He does pretty well now if you go bruiser. Most players just like going assassin when they forget that Riot has steadily been indirectly nerfing this build for a while.

I think that there is still more work to be done on this champion