Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Banned because i couldn't connect to Riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas9451

10-04-2014

Hello all, I was given a week long ban for what I assume is disconnecting/afk. This has happened often because my computer crashes quite frequently. Usually I am able to reboot and continue playing with a 3 minute setback or so, but too often, it doesn't let met connect to the server (I can wholeheartedly say that 85% of my d/c bans are because of this)and I am given a ban. I don't find this fair because I was working well with my team and trying to win (we won the game). THis wouldn't be the first time that I was playing adequately in a game, D/C and not be able to connect, win the game, but still get banned. If someone can further elaborate on my situation and what I can do about it, that would be stellar. Thanks!

magooomba

10-04-2014

Quote:
Judas9451:
Hello all, I was given a week long ban for what I assume is disconnecting/afk. This has happened often because my computer crashes quite frequently. Usually I am able to reboot and continue playing with a 3 minute setback or so, but too often, it doesn't let met connect to the server (I can wholeheartedly say that 85% of my d/c bans are because of this)and I am given a ban. I don't find this fair because I was working well with my team and trying to win (we won the game). THis wouldn't be the first time that I was playing adequately in a game, D/C and not be able to connect, win the game, but still get banned. If someone can further elaborate on my situation and what I can do about it, that would be stellar. Thanks!

You need to reach a point where your computer doesn't crash quite frequently. Any kind of leave, whether it's intentional or not, is detrimental to your team and to this game. If you want to play, you need to make sure you can do so without leaving.

Judas9451

10-04-2014

I am currently working on this problem (looks like a windows bug) but I don't think i should be banned for seven days again since in the end my contribution outweighed my absence. Had the disconnect resulted in a loss and the losing of lp for my teammates, I'd understand the ban, but I don't think this ban should be this intense.

magooomba

10-04-2014

Quote:
Judas9451:
I am currently working on this problem (looks like a windows bug) but I don't think i should be banned for seven days again since in the end my contribution outweighed my absence. Had the disconnect resulted in a loss and the losing of lp for my teammates, I'd understand the ban, but I don't think this ban should be this intense.

If you don't want to be banned, then you need to stop leaving. The decision of what constitutes an "acceptable" leave is reserved in Riot, not in you. You know the consequences of leaving. You know what's causing the leaving. So where do you want to go from here?

Judas9451

10-04-2014

Ideally, I would like to receive a reduction in ban duration, because I have been continuing to work on my computer crashes and would still like to play on my main account. If I continue to crash, then I would accept my bans, but since my computer didn't crash in a long while, I thought it would be safe to play ranked again and I was wrong, despite still winning the game.

magooomba

10-04-2014

Quote:
Judas9451:
Ideally, I would like to receive a reduction in ban duration, because I have been continuing to work on my computer crashes and would still like to play on my main account. If I continue to crash, then I would accept my bans, but since my computer didn't crash in a long while, I thought it would be safe to play ranked again and I was wrong, despite still winning the game.

It won't happen. Leaverbuster bans are never reduced and they are never removed. While it's good you've continued to work on your crashes, the fact that you're banned again means you haven't done enough. Stop playing until it's fixed. If you want to test out the connection, custom games are not protected by the Leaverbuster. If you want some tips, try posting in the Help & Support forum.

Judas9451

10-04-2014

Quote:
magooomba:
You know the consequences of leaving. You know what's causing the leaving. So where do you want to go from here?

Actually, I can only keep guessing at the causes for my computer crashing. I have worked on the overclocking, cooling, and power supply, all of which yielded some short term benefit, but nothing in the long run. My friend suggested that it could be a windows bug, and that is what I am working on currently, but no, I do not know the cause of the ban.

Verideathul

10-04-2014

Quote:
Judas9451:
Actually, I can only keep guessing at the causes for my computer crashing. I have worked on the overclocking, cooling, and power supply, all of which yielded some short term benefit, but nothing in the long run. My friend suggested that it could be a windows bug, and that is what I am working on currently, but no, I do not know the cause of the ban.

You can post in the Support and Help forums to see if a Wrenchman can help you diagnose the issue. Regardless, the damage of the leave is the same: your teammates fought an unwanted 4v5. Leaverbuster bans are primarily for public policy of giving people an incentive not to leave absent a handful of IRL emergencies or computer issues such as yours. When all of that handful is up, then the leniency is gone and bans start rolling out.

Judas9451

10-04-2014

Alright, thanks guys for clarifying this