Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

akali = freelo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

whysobadatgame

10-04-2014

Am i the only one who's a little confused about akali and how she snowballs?
every-one in game complains about how broken she is yet i never see anything done about it?

CerealBoxOfDoom

10-04-2014

Quote:
whysobadatgame:
every-one in game complains about how broken she is yet i never see anything done about it?

No, there are many others who just jump into the game over and over without thinking then wonder why the same thing happens over and over. I'm sure they will agree with you.

FYI someone is going to tell you to buy a pink ward. This is what you do when youre already winning or are doing something as a team not as an individual who is struggling

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4867523&highlight=cerealboxofdoom

wolfax

10-04-2014

Quote:
whysobadatgame:

That's because a lot of people fail to learn and keep beating their heads into a brick wall. They then complain because they should have won because there's no way they could possibly lose. They don't do anything about it because she's not as big of an issue as people make her out to be. The community is not always reliable because they have strong biases towards a lot of champions. Anything that wins a pro game or that can kill them is just OP and need to be destroyed by nerfs. The majority aren't concerned with actual balance.

67chrome

10-04-2014

Quote:
whysobadatgame:

She'd have to actually cause your Elo to raise is she was freelo.

All she does is stomp public games and feed on the salty tears of new players.

Once people start working well as a team, sticking together, concentrating on not dying more than getting kills, counter-building, and purchasing things like Vision Wards to counter Akali's stealth - she's an average champion at best, and has issues getting the snowball started.

As terrible as the low levels of Elo can be - you don't have to climb particularly high for players to actually do those things.

xTheft

10-04-2014

You play the Heimerdinger and then you win the game. This is the correct method.

Namnoms

10-04-2014

It's not so much that akali snowballs, it's the way she does it
Akali has a mid game power spike as soon as she gets the hextech gunblade. When akali has her gunblade, you may as well consider it like she already has 2 full items completed. If you give akali any kills earlyish she's able to make the gunblade and spike even sooner, before people really have enough levels to survive her kit + HG. She then proceeds to have some of the best snowball ability out there.
In the end all you really have to do is watch the map and ward, when she first finishes that HG don't try anything risky against her.

360D3GR3SS

Recruiter

10-04-2014

Xin does well against her in lane because he has good sustain and can out damage her pre 6. Use the advantage to build something like a hexdrinker and you can kill her post 6. This should be a strategy you use against her when playing alot of people. Snowball pre6(if possible) and build some form of magic resist.

LucasLocken

10-06-2014

if you are good with any assassin, it's pretty much freelo