Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Leaver Buster needs a few tweaks.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

darkapac

10-04-2014

So, do you ever get disconnected, no warnings, no bug splat, just game goes ka-put?

Well, I have, several times actually.

Then I get the periodic emergency that comes up, I go idle for 5 minutes and come back.

This is actually rare that I got an emergency, maybe once a month.

But what happens?

I suppose the ka-put and the going idle together make leaver buster see red and ban me.

Ok, so I know I'm banned, the time period is not too difficult to deal with.

My problems with Leaver buster:

If I go idle for a few minutes, I get considered leaving the game, but then I come back. 90% of the time, I come back to a win.

If you are idle or the screen goes ka-put entirely, and you RECONNECT to the game, I think leaver buster should consider it a weighted leave, like if someone leaves and does not come back, thats considered a 1 point in the ban direction, if they come back and don't feed(basically, noone reports them), a .5, if they are reported, a .75.

Do I think making it a point that "leaving is bad" is needed? yes.

Wait, isn't there a report option for leaving/AFK?

Why not let the tribunal decide the fates of those who continually leave?

Leaver Buster is a good idea, but the tribunal has a human element that can say, ok, this player left 3 times in a week, but came back and the team was happy with him ... Pardon.

or: ohh this guy raged quite 3 games and fed, punish

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

darkapac

10-05-2014

I should say that I think leaver buster is a good idea, but I also think it needs to be less aggressive and compensate for time away from games, like if I only play 2 games a day, don't ban me because 4 days ago, I left 1 game for an emergency