Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do I have more impact as a Vel'koz mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enfys Ellezard

10-04-2014

Quote:
Arch Mage Magnus:
Vel Koz shines in team play. If you can have a team that will work around you, and your ult (Basically any champ with CC, Leona as Supp, and Jarvan as jungle are great for using his ult). I mostly use him as a supp, but I have also used him in top and done very well.

Be sure to buy a lot of mana pots, so you can constantly harass. No champ is going to want to close in between levels 1 - 7 when they have 2 proc on them, and they have the possibility of taking another 300 damage from another hit + passive.

Another problem is his roaming capabilities. I have used Vel with teleport to good success. Being able to port bottom or top off of a ward can be great, considering once there, you can easily surprise opponents, and with Q and E you can slow them down immensely for a clean up screw.

He also scales very well, so I play him exactly how I play Xerath, very poke heavy. Don't go in for a kill unless you know you have it guaranteed, there is no point. You can play a poke game assuming you have the mana and bully anyone out of lane and level up. His stats are very good, and come mid, or late game, even with no kills you will still be able to scale decently.

The bolded part is the part where I really can't fix. Like I mentioned to the post about 270 pings, there are so many chances where I really really want to ult but if my team position is bad or if they're too fed from my team losing lane, I'm just screwed, badly.

I also like him top since he can wave clear the backline immediately at level 3 and front line as well starting at 4. He's really safe and against melee, landing an E-W everything they want to cs HURTS. ALOT.

I might consider taking teleport with him depending on situation. Still not sure about my go-to spell. If it was ranked and I'm against stuffs like Yasuo, I would probably go exhaust just to screw the Yasuo but outside that, I'm sticking to heal atm. I used to think Ignite was great then I learned the hard way that you CANNOT use his ignite while you're ulting and it was a big disappointment so I just stopped. It was a big as a lesson as bad as that cursor registration on his ult is also affected by ping so a flash-ult backward will have you land it at a completely different direction. (fk that)

Enfys Ellezard

10-04-2014

Quote:
BLU Medic:
Funny how you get the same ping as me, despite me being in Cyprus.

Well it's not that far away so I guess that's normal since my EU friend also has about 230-240 ping.

Arch Mage Magnus

10-04-2014

Well you unfortunately need a good team. Vel is not an assassin, he is a poke champ. He can't just jump on someone because of mobility issues as a lot of other mid champs can. With that being said you can't really carry, if he's fed you can simply stay back and avoid him, however you can keep teams at bay to give your team some breathing room to get the items they need to win the game.

Ignite like you mentioned is not very usefull. Being a team player, ensuring 1 kill is not as important as a heal, or a teleport to help out a tower or surprise ambush. Typically this is why I like him as support, as you can focus on helping your ADC. This leaves top and mid to champs that have the mobility that can make great plays. You still have the stats to push into a mid and late though and do significant damage.