Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Cry More"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shadowmark2013

Recruiter

10-05-2014

I've seen many of you on seperate threads, and it seems you all enjoy "ganging up", on one person, and then slowly chipping away at their resolve until you finally managed to convince them their opinion, and their stance is wrong, just because it doesn't appeal to your general nature.

Just because one's opinion is unpopular, is not necessarily a reason for their ideas to be false, they are only at the opposite end of the spectrum, I would call what you all do a form of "bullying", or "harassment", but I haven't seen enough to be sure it meets the proper criteria.

Again, as seeing no one has stepped up to advocate for this person, I have taken it upon myself to do so; intimidating one person after thoroughly dissecting what they've said and criticizing their perspective, is punishable according to Riot(or at least by their previous actions on similar grounds).

Ulanopo, you're a hypocrite, you claim you are sick and tired of seeing these users "whine and cry" about similar issues regarding player behavior, but yet at the same time; you do so yoreself when referring to those persons.

While I don't necessarily agree with this person perspective, to be alone in an argument against multiple other people is not a set and stable enviroment for a healthy discussion, and maybe instead of denouncing their values, offer constructive criticism; critque them, offer them ideas and support, lecturing them will only instill a belief that you're their enemy, and not trying to help them at all.

Jubbinaut

Recruiter

10-05-2014

Oh, hi, Shadowmark. Did you decide it was time to hijack another thread?

shadowmark2013

Recruiter

10-05-2014

Quote:
Jubbinaut:
Oh, hi, Shadowmark. Did you decide it was time to hijack another thread?

Haha, you are funny my friend; this is why I love you.

Did you come to belittle and trivialize another's ideals instead of providing them with certain grounds to assist them, as they're obviously frustrated? No? I didn't think so.

Jubbinaut

Recruiter

10-05-2014

Quote:
shadowmark2013:
Haha, you are funny my friend; this is why I love you.

Did you come to belittle and trivialize another's ideals instead of providing them with certain grounds to assist them, as they're obviously frustrated? No? I didn't think so.

Nope. I came to recommend that you take your ax to your own thread instead of hijacking and derailing someone else's. Because that's rude and dismissive of the OP.

shadowmark2013

Recruiter

10-05-2014

Quote:
Jubbinaut:
Nope. I came to recommend that you take your ax to your own thread instead of hijacking and derailing someone else's. Because that's rude and dismissive of the OP.

Oh, I am so sorry to rudely interrupt your berattion of other users, anything else I can do for you sir?

Shelzin

10-05-2014

Quote:
shadowmark2013:
I've seen many of you on seperate threads, and it seems you all enjoy "ganging up", on one person, and then slowly chipping away at their resolve until you finally managed to convince them their opinion, and their stance is wrong, just because it doesn't appeal to your general nature.

You would prefer they just disagreed with one person rather than many? How is that going to help anything?

Quote:
Just because one's opinion is unpopular, is not necessarily a reason for their ideas to be false,

That's true. But it doesn't mean they are right either.

Quote:
they are only at the opposite end of the spectrum, I would call what you all do a form of "bullying", or "harassment", but I haven't seen enough to be sure it meets the proper criteria.

It's peer pressure. That's true.

Quote:
Again, as seeing no one has stepped up to advocate for this person, I have taken it upon myself to do so; intimidating one person after thoroughly dissecting what they've said and criticizing their perspective, is punishable according to Riot(or at least by their previous actions on similar grounds).

No... It's not. In game it could be. On the boards it's actually logical to have discussions.

Quote:
While I don't necessarily agree with this person perspective, to be alone in an argument against multiple other people is not a set and stable enviroment for a healthy discussion, and maybe instead of denouncing their values, offer constructive criticism; critque them, offer them ideas and support, lecturing them will only instill a belief that you're their enemy, and not trying to help them at all.

*laughs*

So help them without talking to them or addressing what they say or do. Gotcha.

Jubbinaut

Recruiter

10-05-2014

Quote:
shadowmark2013:
Oh, I am so sorry to rudely interrupt your berattion of other users, anything else I can do for you sir?

*shrug* Okay. Do what you want, I guess. Just figured if you were so concerned about the OP, maybe you wouldn't be so dismissive of them, but whatever. My mistake.

If you'll excuse me, none of this is furthering the OP's discussion, and he's clearly stated he has no interest in responses to his thread that aren't from a Red, so I'm going to leave it be again.

Shelzin

10-05-2014

Quote:
Jubbinaut:
*shrug* Okay. Do what you want, I guess. Just figured if you were so concerned about the OP, maybe you wouldn't be so dismissive of them, but whatever. My mistake.

If you'll excuse me, none of this is furthering the OP's discussion, and he's clearly stated he has no interest in responses to his thread that aren't from a Red, so I'm going to leave it be again.

*shrugs*

After tomorrow it won't matter a lick anyway.

shadowmark2013

Recruiter

10-05-2014

Fair enough, let that be the end of it.