Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Cry More"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

magooomba

10-04-2014

Quote:
Saint Mykah:
Oh good that you guys are not riot. Now that I know that, I can let you know that I could care less about your views as well. Get off my post thanks bye

Cry more.

I mean, if it's as apt to say as you assert it is, wouldn't this be the opportune time to say it? If it bothers you, I'd expect you to just ignore it, right? Or is it simply going to instigate an argument and goad you into responding to me?

Jubbinaut

Recruiter

10-04-2014

Quote:
Saint Mykah:
Like I said, it was rude. He said "you" and that is jumping to conclusions.

Interestingly, this exact misunderstanding is one of the primary reasons I avoid the word "you" in-game.

However, I feel it's important to note that - at least in American English - the word "you" can be used in three ways: 1) referring to a singular, specific person ("I think you are jumping to conclusions, Mykah.&quot, 2) referring to a group of people ("Hey guys, you wanna take dragon real quick?&quot, 3) referring to a generic, unspecified person ("I don't care who he is, you don't talk to people that way!&quot

Quote:
It felt rude, and I read it rude. He needs to learn to be more customer service oriented.

I also think you're missing a note that he's a player just like you. None of the regulars here are customer service professionals - or at least, they aren't acting in that capacity.

Shelzin

10-04-2014

Quote:
Saint Mykah:
Is the expression "Cry More" a bannable response?

If you said it with the intention to piss someone else off... Yes.

Shelzin

10-04-2014

Quote:
Jubbinaut:
Interestingly, this exact misunderstanding is one of the primary reasons I avoid the word "you" in-game.

However, I feel it's important to note that - at least in American English - the word "you" can be used in three ways: 1) referring to a singular, specific person ("I think you are jumping to conclusions, Mykah.&quot, 2) referring to a group of people ("Hey guys, you wanna take dragon real quick?&quot, 3) referring to a generic, unspecified person ("I don't care who he is, you don't talk to people that way!&quot

Yeah... This is one place where the Danes got it right. I think it was the Danish anyway. Well... Some other country has three different forms of "you" to clarify this sort of thing.

Unfortunately in the English language it requires either intelligence or previous knowledge of the speaker to know.

Quote:
I also think you're missing a note that he's a player just like you. None of the regulars here are customer service professionals - or at least, they aren't acting in that capacity.

And some of us actively go out of our way to make sure that's not a misunderstanding that happens.

I don't give a rats ass if he keeps his account or not. Therefor I get to tell him the truth in a way that is pretty damn hard to be misunderstood.

Shelzin

10-04-2014

Quote:
Saint Mykah:
Oh good that you guys are not riot. Now that I know that, I can let you know that I could care less about your views as well. Get off my post thanks bye

Couldn't care less. COULD NOT care less. That's what you were going for there.

If you could care less, then obviously you care. Because you can care less than you currently do.

Saint Mykah

10-04-2014

Like I said, I couldn't give a rat's monkey ass of what ya think. Now get off my post. I don't need kids responding, only riot. And since you all are not riot, what you have to say is absolutely invalid to me. So go cry to your mom, thanks bye.

Jubbinaut

Recruiter

10-04-2014

Quote:
Saint Mykah:
Like I said, I couldn't give a rat's monkey ass of what ya think.

Then why did you come to an open discussion forum to ask?

Quote:
Now get off my post. I don't need kids responding, only riot.

In that case, you're in the wrong place. Support button in the top right will allow you to communicate with Riot.

Quote:
So go cry to your mom, thanks bye.

While you're working on talking with Riot about why "cry more" might be considered toxic (and it absolutely can be), you might consider that the above has no context where it could be taken as anything but an attempted insult. Which is absolutely bannable.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

10-04-2014

Quote:
Saint Mykah:
Like I said, I couldn't give a rat's monkey ass of what ya think. Now get off my post. I don't need kids responding, only riot. And since you all are not riot, what you have to say is absolutely invalid to me. So go cry to your mom, thanks bye.

You might want to try a support ticket instead.

Quote:
Ulanopo:
“I only want a response from Riot.”

Then you should use the support button on the upper right. This forum is for volunteers to discuss behavioral systems, so our commentary is actually expected.

Saint Mykah

10-04-2014

Keep commenting on my post, no-lifers. I just may go to Walmart and buy a fuq to give ya.

Jubbinaut

Recruiter

10-04-2014

Quote:
Saint Mykah:
Keep commenting on my post, no-lifers. I just may go to Walmart and buy a fuq to give ya.

Heh. I like that line. Reminds me of Watsky (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOfIDtvfmqg).

Ah, well. Anyway, with hope of a useful discussion dashed against the rocks, I guess all that's left is to wish you good luck with that Red response. Because you're going to need it, since they don't really bother talking much here.