Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do they ever plan on nerfing hour glass?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheRAGEofDEMACIA

10-04-2014

Its honestly such a stupid item that EVERY ap gets it. Yes there are many different kind of physical damaging roles in the game that require different ad items accordingly, but Hour glass is just a staple for almost ALL ap's, and the fact that there's no counter play for it is honestly what drives me nuts. There's absolutely nothing you can you in the game if they have it other than try to make them waste it early or nuke almost instantly. And if they have a fed ap, that's more than likely not going to happen.

Riot, do you ever plan on changing this item at all?

67chrome

10-04-2014

Quote:
TheRAGEofDEMACIA:
the fact that there's no counter play for it

Once they pop it, that 2.5 second duration can really hurt them.

You can throw down a lot of zonning/trap skills so they get hit in the face when they come out (Mines, mushrooms, snap traps, flame chompers, gravity field, glacial storm, etc.), if you're descent with timing you can land a lot of otherwise difficult to hit skillshot CC on them (rampent growth, charm, dark binding, rocket grab). You can also get an upper hand in positioning with them stuck there where they can't react, and just 5-man dog-pile the poor fellow.

Zhonya's is more harmful than helpful in most 1v1 scinarios as well. Unless you're fighting someone like Zed or Fiora that can easily get their ult blocked, you're not in good shape if you stasis by yourself. You generally just get stuck out of position longer.

Finally - most forms of crowd-control disable Zhonya's from being cast. Stun, silence, knockup, knockback, suppression, fear, charm, taunt - these all prevent Zhonya's from being used optimally at the right time. If you really need to land some specific skills againt an opponent with Zhonya's, you can always try sandwhiching them between a rock and a hard place: Zhonya's that charm and get hit by all the ults afterwards, or don't and get disabled so you get hit by all the ults afterwards anyways.

Zhonya's has a wide range of avenues you can counter-play it with: it's not devoid of counter-play. It's mostly like life steal - somewhat oppressive when used optimally, but equipped with no shortage of counter-measures to circumvent it's strengths.

FantasySniper

10-04-2014

If they're in stasis for those 2.5 seconds, there's not much they're doing. If they did with their capable team around, well, they simply out-played you.

It only becomes a problem when they are still capable of dealing damage, particularly Fiddlesticks, Swain, Morgana, and Kennen (and Rumble?). Then to that point, you need to find some way of ensuring your team survives the encounter, especially by keeping your area lit up so they can't jump you without retaliation.

As for it being a staple, I don't know what you're talking about. I may not mid often, but I don't really like getting Zhonya's every single time, and pretty much only when there's an AD burst champion shutting me down.