Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I have never understood the mentality of having to comeback from a league game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

medulla00

10-04-2014

You can't compare lol to many sports. You don't run faster or hit harder after you score in soccer/basketball/rugby/baseball. In league, if you feed 1st blood, and then lose your tower in the next 10 minutes, the game will become harder for you. I think the only valid analogy is with boxing or wrestling, because you get weaker after being crushed

DaejinTye

10-04-2014

Quote:
Page of Swords:
This one. We're not professionals, we don't gain anything other than lp from trying harder to come back from a huge gold lead from the enemy team.

Depends on where you'r at in the ladder.

If you're Diamond 2+, sure take a mercy killing. However, if you're still Bronze-Platinum, you should always play it out and work on your skill... Once you're able to play well from behind, the times you are ahead are so completely easy it's almost automatic...

Comes down to, are you just BSing around, or do you want to get better at the game? The answer to that question is the reason for the mentality.

Anti1460

10-04-2014

best comeback i ever had was,

my team had no towers and no inbs at all (including nexus towers) and we were down 20 kills.

we spent 30 mins in base defending, aced the other team 5 times and pushed mid and won.

longest game(was a different game):

just shy of 2 hours. i think it was like 1hr and 45ish mins.

I actually wonder what is the longest league game ever played.

A Night of Ni

10-04-2014

Quote:
Ophelmark:
Like the Caesar guy said.Like you i had games where either me or other lanes get stomped and made comebacks but for that your whole team has to be focused.And well most homies crack after the first thing in the game goes wrong and start blaming each other.

But that is the whole point of this post. It takes one bad egg to spoil a dozen. If everyone tries to adapt to this attitude of "we can come back from this", everyone might, no they WOULD have more enjoyable and competitive games. Im not saying I can change the whole league communities **** idea that you cant come back from a defecit, but its just sad thats how it is. And you guys are all proving that with your replies

My ArmKnee Hurts

10-04-2014

It's because most people who play league have never experienced competition in real life (sorry not sorry)
Personally I can't stand people with the ff@down1kill mentality

Milkyway457

10-04-2014

sometimes you just have to let it go.

I GONNA FK ON U

10-04-2014

If you won after being behind by 10k the enemy team probably threw.

skyr3ach

10-04-2014

Depends on the mental state of players (same skill level)
One team may want to try as hard as they can while other, like the rabbit and turtle give up thinking it's an easy win and "doesn't try"

Weltall8000

10-04-2014

Have you ever seen a mercy in a baseball game?