Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LF Someone to help me with my Draven play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SightShootKill

10-04-2014

If anyone Plat and above could help me with some draven builds, csing, laning, and teamfighting, i would be very appreciative of it. I consider Draven my main but Im not that great at league. Anything helps

SightShootKill

10-04-2014

bump

SightShootKill

10-04-2014

bump

Dakka Downpour

10-04-2014

Not Plat here, but can still help

- Items: Standard ADC build (IE, PD/SS, LW, Berserker Greaves), but erring more towards AD and crit. BT is pretty good on him. GA defense against burst, Merc Scimitar for CC, maybe Banshee's against annoying-as-hell ability poke.

- CSing: Farming takes priority above kills usually, and Draven's no exception. Still, his passive League of DRRRRAVEN (LoD) means that he benefits more in terms of gold from kills than other champs; just don't go too far out of your way to grab them. Try keeping one of your Spinning Blades (Q) up at all times when farming to build stacks of LoD. Last hit as much as you can, try for at least 100cs by the 15min mark and 200-250 by 30min.

- Laning: Draven's a burst ADC like Caitlyn, Lucian, and MF; early/mid game is when he rocks. His range is shorter than some of the other ADCs, but he does a GIANT load of damage much earlier on, and with kills can get his core items earlier, too. For Draven, it's about snowballing and finishing the game as fast as he can, because if that Tristana catches up, he's outranged and dies before he can land an axe.
But I've been tangenting... farm, ward the bushes often, let the support help secure kills, and poke with an axe when you can do so with little retaliation. DON'T try to grab an axe if doing so puts you too far out of position; axe-catching isn't too hard to do in and of itself, it's only hard because of the crisis between missing an axe and having a temporary drop in damage output, and going to catch that axe and possibly leaving yourself open to something like That-Champion-That's-Definitely-Not-Blitzcrank. Generally, though, Draven should be aggressive (albeit within reason), and try to kill when he can.

- Teamfights: Draven, you are an ADC, NOT an assassin. You are generally too squishy, given a teamfight against even-geared opponents, to dive in and take out their priority squishies. You should stay with your own team, stand on the edge of the fight, and hew down the closest targets. Yes, their ADC or their carry in general is a much better target than their fighter/tank/not-as-fed initiator, but if going after Ashe or Yasuo means putting yourself in too much heat, then focus on whoever's caught out or isolated first. Preferably NOT the target that stacked armor, health, and Thornmail, if there are options, but ADC = sustained physical damage. If you can deal damage to the point where they run away from the objective/fight or die, then you did your job. Yay.
For good measure, don't spam your W too much or it will eat through your mana, throw your E into the teamfight to snare peeps down, and for the coup-de-grace toss a little R into the clumped-up sack of health bars called the enemy team to lay down the hurt across long distance.

So there's my two cents. TL,DR: I main Tristana and Vayne in ranked, but when I've played Draven, he has shown himself to be FUN