Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Concept: Malus, The Witch Doctor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vyle Reaper

10-04-2014

I don't have any concept art, sadly, I might go and design some, if this thread gets nice reviews. After playing league, my head STORMED with champion ideas, and this one was one of the most unique ideas that I had.
I am not familiar with equalizing stats, so im leaving his basic stats and ability damage blank. I am open to ideas and changes, after all this is more of a rough draft.

Lore: A normal child, born in the slums of Noxus. At the age of 10, fate betrayed him, as his family was slaughtered by a group of witch doctors, whom sought to harness sacrifices for their king, whom they called "Malus". Malus was not a living being, but a crystal, powered by the souls of the deceased. How the crystal came to be is unknown. The crystal spoke to the mages, promising dark power to the man who proves himself worthy. The child, kidnapped, was tortured, and forced into believing the ways of the doctors. As years passed, the boy's hate for the doctors grew larger and larger, but powerless, he could do nothing but what they asked of him. As he lay in his cell, a small dagger in hand, stolen from one of the doctors, something in his mind began to change, an evil lust for revenge filled his head. As he stood up, the doctors released him from his cell, to begin his work. With a swift motion, the boy cut down one the doctors, but his dagger was of no chance against the doctors evil magic. He was quickly subdued, and brought to Malus for sacrifice. As the boy stared into the crystal, a small grin appeared on his face. Malus began to shine. The crystal shattered, and the pieces impaled into the boy's body. as he rose, the boy was no longer a boy. He became a grown man, with the darkest aura any of the doctors had ever laid eyes on. The boy and Malus were one. As the doctors desperately tried to kill Malus, he struck them down with horrifying magic, much stronger than that of the doctors. The boy's innocence had been lost. He was no longer himself. He was Malus. Filled with lust to further gain power, Malus sought to harness the strongest of souls in all of runeterra. Where could he find such souls? Only one place had his answer...

Malus is a Mage/Support champion that uses his enemies power against them. Focusing on a mix of High AP and health, the idea of him was totally not based off of the one witch doctor champ that never actually made it into league. Malus focuses on punishing enemies for attacking him, and using his spells to secure kills, while guarding his allies with his shield and totem.

Passive: Spite: Enemies that damage Malus take a small amount of true damage over a few seconds. (Scales with level.)

Q: Totem Of Death: (Skillshot) Malus conjures an evil voodoo doll at a target location, acting as terrain and blocking movement and skillshots. Enemies that attack the doll revive a high amount of Magic Damage (Cannot hit the same champion more than once.) Malus can reactivate this ability to destroy the doll, dealing moderate Magic damage to surrounding enemies.

W: Wicked Shroud: (Auto) Malus shields himself or target ally with a dark veil for one second, the first attack that hits the shield is negated (Both damage and effects), and 50% of the damage heals the target instead. (Similar to Sivirs Spell Shield, requires precise timing.)

E: Soul Tether: (Straight Line Skillshot) Malus sends out a line of dark energy ahead of him, latching unto the first champion it hits for several seconds. Tethered enemies are dealt a small amount of Magic damage over time, the longer the target is tethered, the more damage that is dealt. (Similar to Leblancs chain, or fiddlesticks drain.)

R: Promise Of Death: (Self Cast) Malus fuses himself with evil energy, significantly increasing his health for a short time. Champions that damage Malus during this time become cursed. After several seconds, cursed Champions are dealt equal Magic damage they dealt to Malus + ___

Quotes:

Moving:
"There will be blood"
"They will know pain"
"Yessss"

Upon using Totem Of Death
"Come, Mortal."
"Stare into the eyes of death."

Upon using Soul Tether
"Your soul is mine"
"Fall to me, mortal"

Upon using Promise of Death
"Know my Agony!!!!"
"Death awaits!!"

Jokes:
"I'm too unique for this"
"I'd tell you a hipster joke, but that's too mainstream"
"My name? Malus, you've probably never heard of it."

Taunt:
"Join me, pathetic mortal"
"Your soul is weak."

Upon joking near an undead champion (Sion, Karthus, etc.)
"What? Undead? Bah, you're useless to me."

Upon taunting Lucian
"It's a shame that I didn't get to her first"

Dance: Malus jumps around in a circle pattern, chanting words in an unknown language

Visuals: Malus is dressed in a dark long cloak, his face shrouded in a dark mist, with only glowing red eyes visible. In his right hand, a dark staff with a purple crystal at its tip. His doll (Totem) looks like a voodoo tall, standing upright, it is about the same size as him. His shield looks to be a dark mist surrounding it's target. His tether is a purple line of energy with a demonic hand at the end of it, which grabs enemies. Upon using his ultimate, Malus has a large and frolic purple "flame" or aura around him.

(Edit If anyone wants to contact me personally regarding the concept, or if somehow Riot gets interested in this, you can E-mail me at [email]Chelseascream@hotmail.com[/email] I don't mind people knowing my E-mail, I hardly use it anyways.

Luckyghost91

10-04-2014

okay you are my new best friend. as i was reading his moves i saw three things, skill shots, crowd control, and return damage to enemies this guy would make any lane fun. the scaling for his determines everything. every ability he has can be deadly an i love it. i would also make is where his totem/voodoo doll helps him get cs but only minions and neutral monsters. can't scale the passive too high or he will be nerfed so hard after a couple months he will become obsolete. i'd make the passive scale something like this.

enemies basic attacks deal 1/4 of the damage in return as true damage over 2/3/5/7 seconds after they are out of combat. (ranking up at 6/10/14/18)

That way it's not too much damage but could end up eating away at a high damaging champion on the opposing team.

Q: scaling like: magic damage received from them attacking the totem 60/70/80/90/100 magic damage (+ 30% Ability power)
Magic damage received from the explosion of the totem 80/90/100/110/120 (+40% ability power)

W: fine i wouldn't change it but give it a fair cool down.

E: scale it something like this: grab damage 20/30/40/50 magic damage attached damage 55/65/75/85/95 magic damage (+25% ability power) over 2/3/3.5/4/5

R: increase his health by 100 for every ((20 ability power 200 mana or every 25 armor and magic resist) 1 of the 3) Malus has. then the damage taken + 10/20/30% of his missing health and reflect it back at enemies after 2/4/6 second duration.

that's just my opinions on scaling. really like your idea. hope i helped out.

Luckyghost91

10-05-2014

hello would you care if i moved your champion to the new boards formatted forums or do you want to do it! Malus has super potential, and i'd like to see a great fan made idea get the views and attention it deserves, unlike some troll/horribly over powered ideas.

Vyle Reaper

10-05-2014

Quote:
Luckyghost91:
hello would you care if i moved your champion to the new boards formatted forums or do you want to do it! Malus has super potential, and i'd like to see a great fan made idea get the views and attention it deserves, unlike some troll/horribly over powered ideas.

Feel free to do whatever you want! It's an open idea, and I'd be happy for it to reach new people.

Luckyghost91

10-05-2014

Thanks.
i will do that tomorrow when i get some free time and then post the link on here!

BakonIsLove

10-05-2014

Me too! After searching the forums, your idea definitely stands out, even to an inexperienced noob like me!

Luckyghost91

10-06-2014

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/skin-champion-concepts/m89a2liQ-champion-concept-malus-the-witch-doctor