Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

counter ziggs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jiujitsuPhD

10-04-2014

I actually love playing ziggs. I love his range but I know there will be times I cant pick him because he is banned or someone picked him already on the other team. Is there a mid champ that has his range? And who counters him well?

SimplyIntricate

Recruiter

10-04-2014

Some people might argue, but I take Fizz to counter him. I dunno of another champ with his range consistently, but I know champs that can dodge his bomb and stick to him work great to counter him.

With Fizz, from level 2-3 onward, you can just use your E toward him as soon as he throws a bomb, to jump over it. Land on him, hit him with a quick AA/W/AA, then Q through him back toward where you started. That combo twice wrecks him. Plus the E can also dodge his ult, his grenades, and his time bomb.

Other than that, I have no experience countering Zigs, that's really the only champ I play against him. I take Ahri if Fizz is banned, but that's because I'm confident in Ahri, not because she's a counter(Though it is pretty easy to R>E>Q>W>R>R Him with Ahri).

MiLdLYirriTaTed

10-04-2014

If you want to engage in a long range poke war, Xerath has similar range to ziggs (and similar wave clear, loooooong ranged snipe ult, built in stun in his kit), but very very immobile.

As per countering him, champs with strong gap closers will do well vs ziggs. Assasins especially like Zed, Yasuo, Riven, does fine vs him. Theoretically Akali and Kat would also do well but I don't play those champs so I can't speak from experience. I never played Wukong mid but in solo queue I've seen players take him mid -- in theory he would wreck immobile mages like ziggs and xerath. As luck would have it I was playing Zed mid so I had no issues with monkey business =P