Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tryndamere Ult. Delay

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ofart

10-04-2014

I find it incredibly frustrating that Trynd's ult has a .5 sec delay. It makes clutch plays like countering an in the air Malphite ult. basically impossible. Moreover, it encourages me to ult. early when I'd instead like to skillfully activate it at the VERY last second.

It's not as if Trynd's a popular pick in LCS anyway, he can use this tiny buff. Jax, Teemo, Ryze, Gnar, Quinn, Vayne and about a dozen other champs already make laning him incredibly difficult. This change would make his gameplay smoother while offering more play-making potential (esp. via baits).

Direfury

10-04-2014

I play more Tryndamere than anything else, and have for about two years now. His ultimate is fine, just get used to it.

Kuroi86

10-04-2014

It's meant to add a touch of skill to an otherwise low skill cap champion.
It helps you learn how to time your usage and not waste precious time.

ofart

10-04-2014

I disagree he's a low skillcap champion and it adds frustration more than it does skill. You can run way more complex plays with no ult. delay and it would allow someone with great reflexes to do a lot more than what can be done now. To me, that's a display of skill.

Anyway, I think he's one of the hardest in the game. He's harder than basically any champion I play except, Rumble and Kog'Maw. Timing the ult. perfectly, knowing the hundreds of tiny little mechanics for him (like W exactly when they try to cs) and EXACTLY how much damage you can take/dish out adds a lot of skill. Often times a play with your ult. will be a difference of just 1 auto. If you plan pathing, you can also do some interesting things. Just surviving the early game vs ranged champs also isn't that easy. A Ryze will absolutely destroy you unless you're very knowledgeable.

I know it seems weird but I seriously think he's one of the hardest tops to play and quite a high skillcap. You have to know matchups better than with anyone else and always keep track of the damage of every ability they have (especially sneaky DoT). At the same time, you also need to know precisely what your damage averages to even though this is very variable based on your Fury. It's a huge misconception that he's easy. He's no Garen. I grant that some champs like Rumble and Jayce are harder but most tops are not.

Angered Saiyan

10-04-2014

The delay certainly didn't break Tryn. Sure, no delay would be nice though.

360D3GR3SS

Recruiter

10-04-2014

Im pretty sure there is no delay. Might be your PING.

wolfax

10-04-2014

Quote:
360D3GR3SS:
Im pretty sure there is no delay. Might be your PING.

There is a .5 second delay between hitting the button and the activation.

Gareth Tankin

10-04-2014

Counterplay is a two way street bro.
You can't just say hey RIOT tryndamere's ult should be the one that can counterplay malphite's ult, not the other way around!

If you want to be able to better counterplay enemy abiltiies... you are making your own abilities harder to counterplay...
I don't think an already obnoxiously low counterplay ult really needs that.

360D3GR3SS

Recruiter

10-04-2014

Quote:
wolfax:
There is a .5 second delay between hitting the button and the activation.
Oh you're right. That really still should have no effect on him though.

ofart

10-05-2014

If it "should really have no effect" then it's just unneeded frustration that confuses new players and should be removed. I agree that 90% of the time it doesn't matter but it's really annoying the times that it does and I see no reason for it. It makes the game feel laggy and unresponsive.