Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Unable to connect back to Rito's server is a "Serious" crime...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kuruten

10-03-2014

Greetings Summoner!

Your account XXXXXX now has a level 1 Leaver penalty. This is because in your recent games you have either been AFK (away from your keyboard) for an extended period of time or you disconnected from the game. Every summoner contributes to their team’s victory or defeat on the Fields of Justice. Those who repeatedly leave games or idle during gameplay hurt their team and the overall experience of all Summoners on the field.

Unable to reconnect to the game and constantly disconnecting is being a leaver. Good to know. Mommy I learned what a leaver means, look I can nail perfectly like all those pro leavers!
Join a versus AI bot game --> and the cycle of disconnecting begins --> 10 minutes later Congratulations! You have achieved your first "leaver" title!

I'm such a toxic player because I leave games, and it is totally 100% all my fault that my internet can run dota2 but cannot connect to rito server. It is also my fault i can watch youtube and have no buffering nor lag but cannot load a league of legends game and freeze at the champion selection while constantly being disconnected from the server. I'm a bad person.

powerbats

10-04-2014

Quote:
Kuruten:
Greetings Summoner!

Your account brianhuang20 now has a level 1 Leaver penalty. This is because in your recent games you have either been AFK (away from your keyboard) for an extended period of time or you disconnected from the game. Every summoner contributes to their team’s victory or defeat on the Fields of Justice. Those who repeatedly leave games or idle during gameplay hurt their team and the overall experience of all Summoners on the field.

Unable to reconnect to the game and constantly disconnecting is being a leaver. Good to know. Mommy I learned what a leaver means, look I can nail perfectly like all those pro leavers!
Join a versus AI bot game --> and the cycle of disconnecting begins --> 10 minutes later Congratulations! You have achieved your first "leaver" title!

I'm such a toxic player because I leave games, and it is totally 100% all my fault that my internet can run dota2 but cannot connect to rito server. It is also my fault i can watch youtube and have no buffering nor lag but cannot load a league of legends game and freeze at the champion selection while constantly being disconnected from the server. I'm a bad person.

Are you on a Mac? If the answer is yes then yes it's your problem for continuing to play because there's a known bug right now with Mac clients. If you're on a pc well I got a crash earlier and got a leave because I couldn't reconnect to a game we were stomping in aram. The problem could be partly the client but could also be something else. Have you tried running the repair utility and playing custom bot games since those don't count against leaver level.

swagmasterkashh

10-04-2014

I have a Mac and have this problem.

sitael searlock

10-04-2014

lol so many people have problems to conect the server.. we are all ban but, LoL have no bugs.... nice joke

powerbats

10-04-2014

Quote:
sitael searlock:
lol so many people have problems to conect the server.. we are all ban but, LoL have no bugs.... nice joke

I'm not banned and never have gotten so much as a warning, most of the community is the same. If you have a problem and keep on playing then it's your fault for doing so not Riot's.

Mahrix2500

Recruiter

10-04-2014

The reason leaver buster was put in place was because even though you may not be intentionally DC'ing, your 4 other teammates now have a negative experience because they are forced to play 4v5 with out you putting them at a disadvantage.

Also while everyone who has played LoL has had the odd disconnect every now and again, alot of us havent even got as much as a warning for leaving games. This means something is wrong with your connection or local game client and you continue to play despite knowing this fact. This is why you got suspended.

I would strongly suggest taking this time to troubleshoot your connection so this happens far less frequently. There are other players and Tech support people who post in the Support forum that can help you fix your connection or client. You may also try putting a support ticket in as well.

Think of this not as a punishment, but some time to get your computer together so both your and your teammate's have a positive experience while playing the game.

Edit: I would highly suggest taking your account name out of your OP for security reasons...