Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So I found out why I was banned for 12 days.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

10-05-2014

Quote:
So Rosh Hashannah and Yom Kippur are totally federal holidays, right? Oh, wait...
Note: What the hell? ^ Where did this come from?

Part of your argument is that the minority is actually running the show. I was pointing out that this is rarely the case.

shadowmark2013

Recruiter

10-05-2014

Quote:
Ulanopo:
This is entirely incorrect. Despite being a virtual space, it is still a space, which means that it can be owned and controlled. Perhaps you need to read up on how free speech actually works in the US.

Perhaps you could supply me with info, documents, anything of the sort; the Internet will soon be considered a privately owned telecommunications system, meaning the ISP's will have overwhelming power over what corporations are able to use the internet for, this bill will most likely be passed; due to the shear number of lobbyists at the head and board of the FCC, meaning; the Internet isn't necessarily owned by the U.S. but is rather considered; a "public"; space at the moment, and the FCC is the only thing preventing it from becoming the exact opposite.

I am actually surprised that so many people aren't quite aware of what is going on with the FCC, and Net Neutrality at the moment; but this is completely irrelevant to the subject matter once more.

shadowmark2013

Recruiter

10-05-2014

Quote:
Ulanopo:
Part of your argument is that the minority is actually running the show. I was pointing out that this is rarely the case.

Chroni-Capitalism, what runs the U.S. today, billionares contribute millions of dollars to politicians as "campaign funding", but is actually disguised bribery, and as such; when politicians, members of the congress, the Senate, and the House; will be more likely to vote on something they were paid to do, and since it has been legalized as of May 21st 2013, the opinions of the common man in the U.S. have become second priority amongst U.S. representatives.... An example of such, which is a common occurance amongst the majority of sovereign nations...

People aren't as involved with politics and current events as they used to, as such; their ignorance is a burden to those that do.

All in all, I STRONGLY disagree with that statement, as there will always be a ruling class, this isn't an isolated event, and is one of the most common occurances in modern day society, even more so amongst corporations.

Jubbinaut

Recruiter

10-05-2014

Quote:
shadowmark2013:
Perhaps you could supply me with info, documents, anything of the sort; the Internet will soon be considered a privately owned telecommunications system, meaning the ISP's will have overwhelming power over what corporations are able to use the internet for, this bill will most likely be passed; due to the shear number of lobbyists at the head and board of the FCC, meaning; the Internet isn't necessarily owned by the U.S. but is rather considered; a "public"; space at the moment, and the FCC is the only thing at the moment preventing it from becoming the exact opposite.

I am actually surprised that so many people aren't quite aware of what is going on with the FCC, and Net Neutrality at the moment; but this is completely irrelevant to the subject matter once more.

Alright, let's try it this way:

The internet as a whole may be considered a public space. It's not, but it could be - much like the street a strip mall is on. That said, the individual servers that Riot uses for its game are owned by Riot. Meaning all interactions had on those servers are occurring in a very real sense on Riot's property. The same can be said of these forums. Which means that it wouldn't be out of line to view the internet as a whole as a series of private spaces, connected by a public space. Not unlike a series of businesses on the same street.

You're attempting to claim that because the communications infrastructure (the streets or telephone lines/routers/switches) are publicly owned, that the sites (homes/businesses/structures for both analogies) connected by that infrastructure are not considered privately owned or operated. This argument doesn't fly.

shadowmark2013

Recruiter

10-05-2014

You don't realize, this is fact; and is one of the most crucial of current events that will be affecting EVERYONE, including Riot; this event has such magnitude in-fact, that any major corporations like Netflix, Hulu; and Google, can be charged hefty fees for their services. In-turn this will lead to these companies either sucking it up, and dealing with less profits, or charging the consumer more for their services.

I am not entirely certain if any of you have been keeping up with this as I have. A server, is muchlike a computer; it is Riots property; but Riot doesn't own the fiber optic cables, or the ISPs; meaning that whatever they have, if Net Neutrality was removed or midified, is in the hands of the ISPs, and they are left helpess; virtually nothing they could do to mitigate the control and priority the ISP has over many of the companies which solely depend on the internet to reach their consumer-base, essentially; Riot could DIE because of this.

This goes a little more in-depth: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304049704579320500441593462

EDIT: Here's the deal, Routers, servers, switches, anything you had mentioned that is a physical object; privately owned, any of the information transmitted between those objects; public property(so long as it does not have a patent or copyright of any sort).

shadowmark2013

Recruiter

10-05-2014

I am done here, speaking on this thread is taxing.

Jubbinaut

Recruiter

10-05-2014

Quote:
shadowmark2013:
You don't realize, this is fact; and is one of the most crucial of current events that will be affecting EVERYONE, including Riot; this event has such magnitude in-fact, that any major corporations like Netflix, Hulu; and Google, can be charged hefty fees for their services. In-turn this will lead to these companies either sucking it up, and dealing with less profits, or charging the consumer more for their services.

I am not entirely certain if any of you have been keeping up with this as I have. A server, is muchlike a computer; it is Riots property; but Riot doesn't own the fiber optic cables, or the ISPs; meaning that whatever they have, if Net Neutrality was removed or midified, is in the hands of the ISPs, and they are left helpess; virtually nothing they could do to mitigate the control and priority the ISP has over many of the companies which solely depend on the internet to reach their consumer-base, essentially; Riot could DIE because of this.

This goes a little more in-depth: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304049704579320500441593462

EDIT: Here's the deal, Routers, servers, switches, anything you had mentioned that is a physical object; privately owned, any of the information transmitted between those objects; public property(so long as it does not have a patent or copyright of any sort).

Wow. Thanks for that assumption. No, really. This is only the SECOND time you've assumed that we know nothing about the Net Neutrality argument. I mean, forget what I've done to promote Net Neutrality, or the abject fear with which I watch every argument relating to it. I obviously have no idea about anything, right?

You're right. This "argument" is taxing, because frankly I don't have it in me anymore to sit here and be talked down to by someone who obviously doesn't have a lick of sense. Whatever. I don't care anymore. I've got no skin in your game anyway, so why should I keep sticking my neck in trying to help?

KS Proxy

10-05-2014

So it looks like this thread has derailed quite a bit, and the OP hasn't been back for awhile.

shadowmark2013, this isn't your thread. If you have this many issues with Riot, please create your own thread.

In case the OP returns:

Quote:
Kaowru:
So wait, by telling this toxic person who is not only being RUDE to the team and all chatting "hHAHAHA" while sitting in the nexus doing nothing else at his keyboard that he is a tool, that makes me toxic?

By telling this Ahri who is attacking our Rengar Verbally and blaming the entire team for her mistakes to shut up and leave Rengar alone, I am being toxic?

I seriously think this moral superiority of yours is going a bit too far. Because if you are going to sit there and tell me that I deserve a ban for two games, you are mad.

By the way, they sent me 2 games of which I was "extremely toxic" I was NOT extremely toxic for these two games, I wasn't even toxic. I mean, I could understand calling me toxic if I let my anger get the best of me and started cursing people out. But letting some jerk get off with more than just a report, especially when reports did nothing in the past at least lets me get something off my chest.

OP, here's the thing. When someone is being a jerk to you, and you start talking back and spending a significant portion of your time talking to them, you've now forced your team (and the other team) to sit there and and watch you guys argue. Now, instead of having only one jerk, there are 2 that the other 8 players cannot escape from without leaving the game and getting penalized.

This is why retaliation is never OK in Riot's books. There is absolutely no benefit in telling someone you are going to report them. All that will do is focus their negative behaviour onto you. What you should do is make a mental note, mute them, and then report them at the end of the game. You never need to ask for others to report, because all it takes is one report for that game to get flagged.

The games given to you by Riot are just examples of behaviour by you that they find unacceptable. You can choose to accept that the company of the game you play finds your behaviour unacceptable, or not. It is quite likely that you have many games filled with this type of behaviour, especially if you feel that your words were appropriate. If you ask Riot again, I'm sure they would be able to find more examples of your behaviour for you. However, as they are doing the bans manually, they are giving people two games out of the many they were reported in when people ask for their results.

Most of the people in this forum want to help you, and help you continue to play this game without losing your account. One of the only we ways we can do that is by pointing out behaviour that Riot has declared "unacceptable", and giving reasons why this behaviour is, in fact, unacceptable for this game. We aren't bashing you, we're just trying to get you to focus on why your account was flagged so you can avoid it in the future.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

10-05-2014

Quote:
shadowmark2013:
Chroni-Capitalism

Wait... Did you perhaps mean crony capitalism? Don't get me wrong, a time-traveling economic theory would tickle me greatly, but I don't think that's what you meant.

Shelzin

10-05-2014

Quote:
shadowmark2013:
I don't see what's wrong with it, clearly Riot thinks it's okay, to state rhetoric claiming that an individual was excessively toxic for what is commonly viewed as your average everyday day argument under most circumstances.

When you are in game it's shouldn't be viewed as "your everyday average circumstance"

This game has shown, beyond a shadow of doubt, that it is doing something different than the rest. I define that as a good thing. You can define it as something else, but it won't matter... Don't treat this like any other game. Figure it out.