Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So I found out why I was banned for 12 days.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaowru

10-03-2014

I thought I would be banned for racism, death threats, homophobia, etc.

And I freaked out, because I'm wondering WHEN I did this, after all this is what Riot classifies as EXTREME toxicity.

I spent time wondering how I messed up, how I slipped and lost my composure, how I earned this justly.
Turns out, I didn't do much of anything...

Now, as it turns out I was banned for 12 days for 2 games in particular. Two games of which in each we had a rude and nasty player who fed and died, and blamed it ALL on us and I was not taking it, so I responded.

Now I realize that the responses I made in the games were not the most debonair, but this does not warrant extreme toxicity 12 day ban.

Take note: The J4 I am blasting in this quote description went afk, talked trash, was very rude, attacked several teammates verbally, and was the epitome of toxic.

The Darius of the enemy team decided to attack me for making my mood toward J4 known and I responded to his quip sarcastically about our lane history.

Game 1

[19:10] Kaowru: Syndra
[19:16] Kaowru: ur seriously going afk because you got caught?
[19:33] Kaowru: Yes it is
[19:35] Kaowru: J4 i wanna report u
[19:41] Kaowru: u never help your laners
[19:49] Kaowru: you bad mouth syndra and we NEED her to be strong
[19:53] Kaowru: wow
[19:56] Kaowru: massive hypocrite.
[20:00] Kaowru: "I wanna report syndra for afk"
[20:18] Kaowru: Getting report and getting punished are two different things
[20:31] Kaowru: I mean now u pretty much guarantee a banhammer
[20:32] Kaowru: lol
[20:37] Kaowru: u dont know the chnages they made do u?
[20:46] Kaowru: lemme tell u all the things wrong with ur plan J4
[20:48] Kaowru: okay
[21:19] Kaowru: Cuz he is a massive scumbag jus tlike i thought
[21:23] Kaowru: doesnt help his lane
[21:24] Kaowru: talks ***
[21:30] Kaowru: and goes afk when people are done putting up with him.
[21:38] Kaowru: Nah blitz
[21:41] Kaowru: he made up his mind
[21:45] Kaowru: lets just let the loser lose.
[21:53] Kaowru: We can get this lp back easily
[22:14] Kaowru [ALL]: Report J4
[22:17] Kaowru [ALL]: Sitting inside the base
[22:21] Kaowru [ALL]: And typing "hahahahah
[22:29] Kaowru [ALL]: Not only has he been no help to laners
[22:31] Kaowru [ALL]: But he talked ***
[22:43] Kaowru [ALL]: awww, is somebody salty they threw their advantage away in lane?
[22:57] Kaowru [ALL]: And became inferior really quickly?
[23:08] Kaowru [ALL]: Pretty much
[23:16] Kaowru [ALL]: uh huh
[23:28] Kaowru [ALL]: Suuure
[23:36] Kaowru [ALL]: Lost?
[23:39] Kaowru [ALL]: I won lane pal
[23:45] Kaowru [ALL]: U got two early kills
[23:51] Kaowru [ALL]: Threw me a kill because ur a reckless idiot
[23:54] Kaowru [ALL]: Then died 2 more times
[24:00] Kaowru [ALL]: I play fiora because 1. She does massive dmg.
[24:11] Kaowru [ALL]: 2. She has no counterplay
[24:44] Kaowru [ALL]: Also, not invincible.
[24:49] Kaowru [ALL]: Just untargetable
[25:04] Kaowru [ALL]: so yeah, anybody who isnt darius please report J4
[25:10] Kaowru [ALL]: If not, well I hope u get paired with him next.
[

Kaowru

10-03-2014

Continuing

26:11] Kaowru: Learn to play*
[26:12] Kaowru: period
[26:26] Kaowru: Blitz, people?
[26:30] Kaowru: He needs to learn to deal?
[26:33] Kaowru: he was *** talking us all game
[26:45] Kaowru: Legit all i said before this whole ordeal was "HELP ME TOP PLEASE"
[26:52] Kaowru: and even so, i still managed to take my advantage back
[26:56] Kaowru: both ways?
[27:01] Kaowru: what a sanctimonious *** you are.
[27:14] Kaowru: Cuz unlike him, im not screwing the unit
[27:33] Kaowru: and you have been filling our game with mediocre support play
[27:51] Kaowru: Ive been last pick
[27:57] Kaowru: still did legions better than you.
[28:03] Kaowru: idunno
[28:08] Kaowru: guess im flooding your chat
[28:16] Kaowru: Since u wanna take that dbags side
[28:55] Kaowru: So obvious...
[29:18] Kaowru: Tbh ive grown sick of u
[29:26] Kaowru: what r u talking about? Ur totally taking his side
[29:33] Kaowru: u have been defending his actions all game

Now, you should keep in mind? Riot did not involve the context of anybody else's speech patterns or speech except me. They pretty much just threw everything I said in my face like it was poison. Bro, its like throwing a spit wad, it's annoying to have it thrown in my face. But its as if Westburo Baptist Church has crumpled a piece of the bible up and spit it at me through a straw because they think I'm a homosexual.

I mean, seriously. I can understand this kind of ban if I was actually the kind of toxic Wad I was actually badmouthing in the context of what I posted above.

That J4? HE went afk, intentionally fed the enemy team a few kills, played recklessly and cursed at us for sucking and blatantly blamed us for his failures to perform.

He was nearly the epitome of a toxic player, only thing stopping him from being an epitome was a death threat, homophobia or racism, but he was still a massive jerk.

And yet, because I was fed up with him and his rudeness, I'm being banned? Jesus, this makes about as much sense as America's justice system.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

10-03-2014

Math for Banned Players: I + F = B (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4877956)

For the record, if I had seen your case in the Tribunal, I would have voted to punish.

What you are failing to understand is that frequency can lead to a suspension just as easily as intensity.

Quote:
He was nearly the epitome of a toxic player, only thing stopping him from being an epitome was a death threat, homophobia or racism, but he was still a massive jerk.

• Just because someone else was (more) toxic does not make it okay for you to be toxic.
  • If the J4 was as toxic as you say, there's every possibility that he was also banned.
  • You should stop haranguing your teammates. It never helps.

powerbats

10-03-2014

One thing to consider is the email states behavior including but not limited to etc. Bans are for frequency of toxicity as well.

Craykes

10-04-2014

Riot is a money ***** company. Shady business practices. Thank god I got banned which led me to quit this game. So much of my money that I wasted, and I feel ****ing retarted lol.

Yujiza

10-04-2014

Quote:
Craykes:
Riot is a money ***** company. Shady business practices. Thank god I got banned which led me to quit this game. So much of my money that I wasted, and I feel ****ing retarted lol.

Then why are you posting in their forums. I don't get it. Do you have some sort of social problem? Do you want to talk about it?

As far as the OP goes. Retaliation is never okay. He said but she said is a poor excuse to react as negativity as you did.

Riot of course showed you YOUR chat because it's your ban. I'm sure the J4 received the swift hammer as well.

Kaowru

10-04-2014

Quote:
powerbats:
One thing to consider is the email states behavior including but not limited to etc. Bans are for frequency of toxicity as well.

Frequency of toxicity? Dude, they legit only cited TWO matches. What's more? After those matches I was happy as a clam and I just kept being positive.

I mean, often before this I'd get reported for negative attitude or verbal abuse, but I never say anything too serious or too nasty. If you saw what people would report me for, you would think these people have some thin skin.

I don't call them out for being bad when they are doing badly, I don't call them *******, I don't tell them to uninstall. But when a person is legit being an arse, and harming the team as a unit, I have some things to say about this person.

Kaowru

10-04-2014

Quote:
Ulanopo:
Math for Banned Players: I + F = B (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4877956)

For the record, if I had seen your case in the Tribunal, I would have voted to punish.

What you are failing to understand is that frequency can lead to a suspension just as easily as intensity.

• Just because someone else was (more) toxic does not make it okay for you to be toxic.
  • If the J4 was as toxic as you say, there's every possibility that he was also banned.
  • You should stop haranguing your teammates. It never helps.

So wait, by telling this toxic person who is not only being RUDE to the team and all chatting "hHAHAHA" while sitting in the nexus doing nothing else at his keyboard that he is a tool, that makes me toxic?

By telling this Ahri who is attacking our Rengar Verbally and blaming the entire team for her mistakes to shut up and leave Rengar alone, I am being toxic?

I seriously think this moral superiority of yours is going a bit too far. Because if you are going to sit there and tell me that I deserve a ban for two games, you are mad.

By the way, they sent me 2 games of which I was "extremely toxic" I was NOT extremely toxic for these two games, I wasn't even toxic. I mean, I could understand calling me toxic if I let my anger get the best of me and started cursing people out. But letting some jerk get off with more than just a report, especially when reports did nothing in the past at least lets me get something off my chest.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

10-04-2014

Quote:
Kaowru:
I seriously think this moral superiority of yours is going a bit too far. Because if you are going to sit there and tell me that I deserve a ban for two games, you are mad.

You weren't banned for just those two games. You were banned for a pattern of behavior; the two games they showed you were just an example of that behavior.

magooomba

10-04-2014

Quote:
Kaowru:
Frequency of toxicity? Dude, they legit only cited TWO matches. What's more? After those matches I was happy as a clam and I just kept being positive.

As the message that accompanied those chat logs undoubtedly told you, those are two recent samples. They are not going to pull every single instance of bad behavior to show you.

Quote:
Kaowru:
I mean, often before this I'd get reported for negative attitude or verbal abuse, but I never say anything too serious or too nasty. If you saw what people would report me for, you would think these people have some thin skin.
The people who reported you have no say in your ban. They simply had to deal with your behavior. The reports themselves were simply a tool, they flagged your behavior. It is your behavior that solely determines your ban. Now is not the time to pass the blame for your ban to anyone else. It is unbelievably confounding how even when faced with the reality of your account on the verge of a permaban and with samples of your behavior you still try to downplay this. You will lose your account if you don't change. If you're not here to try to change, then you're wasting yours and everyone else's time.

Quote:
Kaowru:
I don't call them out for being bad when they are doing badly, I don't call them *******, I don't tell them to uninstall. But when a person is legit being an arse, and harming the team as a unit, I have some things to say about this person.
Then find a way to resolve the conflict without being a dick about it. You are not granted pardon because someone else is breaking the rules or doing something with which you don't agree.

And guess what? If people are reporting you and Riot is punishing you, it's because your behavior harmed the team! It's because you were "legit being an arse". It's this kind of circular logic and justification for ****ty behavior that Riot has no place for in this game.