Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So i have a quick question about some adc's...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zyconz

10-03-2014

Out of what it seems like, the only adc's that are played nowadays are lucian, kog, vayne, and trist. All for obvious reasons. Everyone once and a while ill see a good caitlyn or corki but most of the time, if its not those 4 above, its jinx. Now to continue on, what about the rest of the adc's...
I think some will no where im going with this because adc's who ahve escapes are the only "viable" adc's out there. Dont get me wrong, the other adc's can do really well because of strait damage like kog but if there damage isnt up to par, they better have an escape.

So my question is, does anyone think that adc's should not have escapes at all. Mostly on champions who already have a skill that pushes other enemies back? Because i feel like that is what is really whats making adc's have there op's and up and taking an escape away from some of the characters could potentially balance out alot of champions.

Not sure if im the only one that sees this but i only say it because there are some really good champions out there that get outclasses by thing as small as escapes.

EDIT: Btw if this actually happened, what do you guys/girls think the adc role would be like? Would they get replaced by apc's and just let bruisers do the ad or would they change the champions that they use completely.

xTheft

10-03-2014

No no no, the adc would just be alot more dependant on their supports. Mabye champions like Ashe would shift back into the meta, but that's unlikely. To be completely honest, I want to see Trist nerfed into the ground.

EffectFX

10-03-2014

No, just because a carry has an escape doesn't mean they'll see play forever. Pretty much all the carries have different advantages. Even Ashe, a carry with arguably the lowest DPS has seen play before and done very successfully. As the meta shifts carries who don't see much play now will begin to come back into the meta.

Zyconz

10-03-2014

Quote:
xTheft:
No no no, the adc would just be alot more dependant on their supports. Mabye champions like Ashe would shift back into the meta, but that's unlikely. To be completely honest, I want to see Trist nerfed into the ground.

Lol, i agree but if trist is nerfed, tehre are gonna be other adc's that rise. and i kidna do feel liek adc's should rely on there supports. Makes it so that a "team" effort would play a larger part.

but idk, just thought of this cause i was bored.

Zyconz

10-03-2014

Quote:
EffectFX:
No, just because a carry has an escape doesn't mean they'll see play forever. Pretty much all the carries have different advantages. Even Ashe, a carry with arguably the lowest DPS has seen play before and done very successfully. As the meta shifts carries who don't see much play now will begin to come back into the meta.

oh yea definitely but you gotta know that if there is a carry on a team, its likely to be one with at least 1 escape (in a way). There are always gonna be those people who go into a game with someone like ashe and dominate though. It takes alot more kill from a player. But escapes have really limited the diversity in carries.

FantasySniper

10-04-2014

Quote:
Zyconz:
oh yea definitely but you gotta know that if there is a carry on a team, its likely to be one with at least 1 escape (in a way). There are always gonna be those people who go into a game with someone like ashe and dominate though. It takes alot more kill from a player. But escapes have really limited the diversity in carries.

The team should peel for the ADC, it's just that most teams don't do that, so you end up picking less reliant champions who have mobility to create their own safety.
Doesn't mean that other champs are inferior, Kog still sees potentially the strongest play despite being the least mobile of ADCs, it just means that the central damage source of the team is easier to preserve if they can help themselves on top of you helping them.

Kuroi86

10-04-2014

The current meta still favors mobility over utility due to the potential to dodge skill shots and shout "Out Played!" at your opponent.

SirLapse

10-04-2014

Quote:
Kuroi86:
The current meta still favors mobility over utility due to the potential to dodge skill shots and shout "Out Played!" at your opponent.

Graves would be one of the most broken carries currently if his dash wasn't so small. Draven and him practically massacre all of these hyper carries whenever they're used to full capacity.

Big Dirty Deuce

10-04-2014

No. gap closers make the game more fun. That'd be stupid to just run around. although I do think tristana's rocket jump is a little rediculas. Varus is one of my favorite adc and he doesen't have a gap closer really. His ult is all but his q range makes up for it. There could be a little bit of a balance problem, but most champs that don't have that gap closer ability have something else to make up for it.

hedgehogius

10-04-2014

If someone picks Vayne or Lucy I go corki, odd that he isnt very commonly played.

These days its always mobility over utility.