Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot - Season 5 make this game better

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rowIanD

10-03-2014

I talk a lot of ****. I know what I'm getting into and I'm fine with it. What I don't understand is why Riot wants to play Big Brother at all phases of this game. No other game wants to be so hands on with the game, yet so far from it. They change the game every patch to throw the meta on it's head, i.e. Season 2 with the MS nerf, or the jungle camps all spawning at 1:55, and I love that part of it. It's how they keep the game fresh even though it never changes really.

What hasn't changed in the course of 4 seasons is the inablilty to policehttp://na.lolesports.com/ the ranked queues with any logical solution. Riot doesn't employ an admin team that is actively policing games, so they "let the community" deal with it. The problems with this is.

1. The community is that of a spoiled child. I have had multiple game with rioters where there was an active troll on the other team or on my own, in which the rioter had no official operation procedure to deal with them.

2. EVERYONE has already figured this **** system out, "Well he said something mean to me, reporting gibberish and he'll still get chat restricted."

3. There's no recourse for people that report for no reason. "Report who you feel needs to be reported!" qoute from a rioter in a game where a zed was actively trolling. I.E. Soloing baron with zed at 19 minutes.

Is it just me, or does riot continue to skate by doing the bare minimum in regards to these policing systems. They focus on micro managing every little detail that in the long run they just hurt the game.

"Curse voice provides unfair advantages to the users who use it."- Release from riot. - What it really meant was, "Wow these guys are doing what we should have done at the very release of this game, their making us look bad." Imagined Phreak quote.

So to recap S4 riot made the game easy enough for silver caliber players to get to Diamond, they added timers because Curse forced their hand, they refuse to implement VoIP because they "Can't control what people say with out logs!" then of course they have the worst security ever by getting DDossed every other week for 6 months.

3 easy fixes.

1. Implement VOIP = Less frustrations due to communication

2. Remove the report feature for every little detail and only have one "Greifing". Because That is the only offense that can completely ruin a game.

3. Implement a system that doesn't revolve around ELO. ELo was designed for Chess... it does not take into account outside factors and is outdated. There are people who created forumlas that are hands down 10x better than what you have in placed, and you're just being lazy by not changing a dated feature.

With love,
Rowland
God father of the winnao

Whoa There Betsy

10-03-2014

So much #BronzeLogic tonight

Lyle Rachir

10-03-2014

Quote:
Whoa There Betsy:
So much #BronzeLogic tonight

so much troll logic. seriously man. quit going around posting about bronze logic. do i agree with op? no but that doesnt mean im going to go into each and every single thread and post a troll comment just because its the only way i can get my jollies.

Whoa There Betsy

10-03-2014

Quote:
Lyle Rachir:
so much troll logic. seriously man. quit going around posting about bronze logic. do i agree with op? no but that doesnt mean im going to go into each and every single thread and post a troll comment just because its the only way i can get my jollies.

Whoa there betsy settle down there lil fella, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Lyle Rachir

10-03-2014

Quote:
Whoa There Betsy:
Whoa there betsy settle down there lil fella, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

your right. and your is apparently to go around trolling.

Whoa There Betsy

10-04-2014

Quote:
Lyle Rachir:
your right. and your is apparently to go around trolling.

Why do you think I'm trolling?

SlREN

10-04-2014

This game is great! Nothing at all needs to be changed... no, not at all...