Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Widespread 14 day bans

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

10-03-2014

Quote:
shadowmark2013:
It seems like no one is ever on my side in this sort of situation, I suppose my own perspective goes against public opinion...

When it comes to this, "but simple verbal altercations involving gameplay should be disregarded, and any persistence in such an altercation would be the player's responsibility.", yeah, you're in the minority. We expect the targets of toxicity to not add to the toxicity, but that doesn't mean that the aggressor should be free from repercussions.

shadowmark2013

Recruiter

10-03-2014

Quote:
Ulanopo:
When it comes to this, "but simple verbal altercations involving gameplay should be disregarded, and any persistence in such an altercation would be the player's responsibility.", yeah, you're in the minority. We expect the targets of toxicity to not add to the toxicity, but that doesn't mean that the aggressor should be free from repercussions.

It's typically the sort of system I am used to, whatever criticism an individual player receives, they are responsible for their feedback, and the moderators/administrators do not particularly become involved in that circumstance. Not entirely sure if I explained my point correctly or thoroughly enough, but this is just what I have become acclimated to and have also come to expect from the majority of organizations that manage games with an enormous player-base to maintain such neutral positions on player to player disputes(Unless the matter is severe enough, and has escalated to extreme proportions).

Ulanopo

Recruiter

10-03-2014

Quote:
shadowmark2013:
It's typically the sort of system I am used to, whatever criticism an individual player receives, they are responsible for their feedback, and the moderators/administrators do not particularly become involved in that circumstance.

I am not entirely certain what you mean by this statement.

While we expect that players who are the target of toxicity will choose to avoid adding to toxicity, we do not excuse, accept or condone the original toxicity.

shadowmark2013

Recruiter

10-03-2014

Quote:
Ulanopo:
I am not entirely certain what you mean by this statement.

While we expect that players who are the target of toxicity will choose to avoid adding to toxicity, we do not excuse, accept or condone the original toxicity.

Sorry, I didn't include much specification; it is a little late where I am at the moment, and the time is getting the best of me.

Anyways, if one player were to make an interjection, an insult; meant to damage another player for no particular reason whatsoever, they won't be pennalized unless that somehow escalates to any form of threat, whether it's harming one' financial stability, confidential info, or anything relatable to such via hacking, or death threats, or threats of harm; is that which are the only offenses in which you could be suspended/banned for in that one circumstance.

(Just an example, hopefully this clears things up for ya)

Ulanopo

Recruiter

10-03-2014

Quote:
they won't be pennalized unless that somehow escalates to any form of threat

This is not Riot's policy.

gingervituz

10-04-2014

Ulanopo can u not read what he posted earlier in this thread? These are his ideas to help riot out and bring fresh ides in front of everyone. He knows its not policy and by u stating it probably made him angry because hes not that dumb and is smarter then most people on this forum that can communicate his ideas effectively, while you provide no room for any talking besides frustrating others.
Also ive seen alot of people saying the mute button provides a solution to toxic players. It does not it essentially makes a 5v5 while a person raging on your team to a 4v5. Communication is key to winning any and every league game as demonstraited by professional play and by win rates of people. The mute button TO ME ruins the game because everyone needs to cooperate and come togather to win the game.
Shadowmark has the right idea for a better ban system. While there would still be alot of toxic behavior the "extreme toxic" behavior would be banned unlike how riot throws around the term used today. Everything to riot is extremely toxic which is why you see so many complaints.
Riot needs to step up and fix the issues they have caused which they are not doing so and the one case they did turn around was because someone complained harshly enough and complained he spent hundreds on dollars on league. While i know there terms of service and etc no one is going to deal will the bull **** the terms say people will see what riot are doing and eventually all leave. To have a succseful buisness they need to make there consumers happy and i dont think there current people working in behavior support are doing anything to help.
i've had a ticket open and posted a thread on here and no responce pretaining to my banning besides the automated responces everyone gets. Is it really that hard to send them some chat logs when u send they got banned email. Is it that hard to post on the forums to the posts and say hey ill look into this. No its not and if riot wants to keep growing the need to get new people into there behavior section because the current ones ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOBS

Pitl3ull Legend

10-04-2014

Quote:
gingervituz:
\
Also ive seen alot of people saying the mute button provides a solution to toxic players. It does not it essentially makes a 5v5 while a person raging on your team to a 4v5. Communication is key to winning any and every league game as demonstraited by professional play and by win rates of people. The mute button TO ME ruins the game because everyone needs to cooperate and come togather to win the game.

You do not need to type to win games. What LCS game did you see players typing. The answer is 0, they use headphones and the ping system so your point is wrong.

gingervituz

10-04-2014

no its not wrong. i cant talk to anyone in a ranked game so i need typing to explain when to go for dragon when to get setup for ward coverage and other things that a voice comm would help.

shadowmark2013

Recruiter

10-04-2014

Quote:
Ulanopo:
This is not Riot's policy.

I realize this, and I was only trying to portray what most other companies view as "toxicity", this is what an ideal model to not only reduce stress on Riot employees for having to analyze each individual player's case and chat logs, but to reduce the amount of inquiries an individual has once the ban is actually placed. (Because there is less to be banned for, since Riots definition for toxicity is again, pretty broad, players with common sense should know what they are banned for, and Riot support staff won't be as spread-thin as they are now answering these player's questions, who don't have access to most information regarding the bans, on these very forums; as they have to thoroughly search to find it)

Riot's definition of toxicity, is pretty broad, and applies to nearly every other thing we'd say in reality otherwise; I am trying to explain what many other organization's idea of how things should play out, instead of playing "Big Brother", and having the corporation itself resolve every last itty bitty argument you become involved in.

Let's also discuss the reason why these arguments start to begin with... It's common for human psychology(This is difficult to control) to blind an individual; and prevent them from being as accurate as making decisions, and instead; place the blame on something else; maybe a player, lag, low FPS, any excuse they could come up with. But in the majority of these case, this will be a player; given that they're human, your own mind tricks you, and makes their own mistakes seem worse than they really are, and to some degree far greater magnitude on the game than your own mistakes(This is one individual, player's perception).

Players, as a whole; are unreliable, and humans... well, you get the point. We as people, are built for conflict; it is impossible for us to avoid an argument with other individuals who have an enormous desparity in ideologies and what is best for everyone.

Verideathul

10-04-2014

Quote:
gingervituz:
no its not wrong. i cant talk to anyone in a ranked game so i need typing to explain when to go for dragon when to get setup for ward coverage and other things that a voice comm would help.

Pings for "assist me" or "on my way" or just plain targeting dragon doesn't work?