Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Derank at 0lp

1
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Detzon

Junior Member

10-03-2014

So I just ranked up to Gold V(0lp) and I was wondering how many loses can I get at 0lp if I just ranked up to Gold V and didn't win yet


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ben d0v3r

Junior Member

10-03-2014

15 in a row, from what I've heard


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whoa There Betsy

Senior Member

10-03-2014

Depends on mmr


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Detzon

Junior Member

10-03-2014

Alright tyvm & do you know how many for around 1500 mmr


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Matthias9119

Senior Member

10-03-2014

You have to lose a ridiculous amount to get demoted between tiers. It's basically just there so that people can't get boosted way higher than they belong.

Unless you're constantly going up against people in the "III" or "IV" divisions below where you are (like if you're in Gold V but getting matched up with Silver III/IV) you're nowhere close.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RingOfFates

Senior Member

10-03-2014

Quote:
Matthias9119:
You have to lose a ridiculous amount to get demoted between tiers. It's basically just there so that people can't get boosted way higher than they belong.

Unless you're constantly going up against people in the "III" or "IV" divisions below where you are (like if you're in Gold V but getting matched up with Silver III/IV) you're nowhere close.


You didn't make sense... What did you mean by nowhere close, because I'm gold 5 myself and I face people who are silver 3 and 4. And I'm my mmr is 1594, I think it was ARAM though


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Matthias9119

Senior Member

10-03-2014

Quote:
RingOfFates:
You didn't make sense... What did you mean by nowhere close, because I'm gold 5 myself and I face people who are silver 3 and 4. And I'm my mmr is 1594, I think it was ARAM though


External sites have no idea what your MMR actually is and are just making numbers up.

Maybe the double negative was confusing. Ways to tell that you are at risk of being demoted from a "V" division:

1) Your MMR gains when you win are MUCH lower than your MMR losses when you lose.

2) Your teammates and opponents in Ranked matches are regularly in the middle/bottom of the next tier down.

You get matched with players around your MMR, and you get demoted if your MMR hits the cutoff for the "V" division in the next tier down. That is, if you are Gold V with a Silver V MMR, you'll get demoted back to Silver. So if you're going up against opponents who are in S3/S4 themselves you are at risk of being demoted from Gold if you lose much more. If you're up against people in S1/S2 or S1/G5 you are not close to being demoted.

For instance, I looked at your last few Ranked matches on OP.GG and you're going up against players between S1 and G4. So you would not be at risk for demotion unless you lost an extremely large number of games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RingOfFates

Senior Member

10-03-2014

Quote:
Matthias9119:
External sites have no idea what your MMR actually is and are just making numbers up.

Maybe the double negative was confusing. Ways to tell that you are at risk of being demoted from a "V" division:

1) Your MMR gains when you win are MUCH lower than your MMR losses when you lose.

2) Your teammates and opponents in Ranked matches are regularly in the middle/bottom of the next tier down.

You get matched with players around your MMR, and you get demoted if your MMR hits the cutoff for the "V" division in the next tier down. That is, if you are Gold V with a Silver V MMR, you'll get demoted back to Silver. So if you're going up against opponents who are in S3/S4 themselves you are at risk of being demoted from Gold if you lose much more. If you're up against people in S1/S2 or S1/G5 you are not close to being demoted.

For instance, I looked at your last few Ranked matches on OP.GG and you're going up against players between S1 and G4. So you would not be at risk for demotion unless you lost an extremely large number of games.


Ok that makes sense then.


1