Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Any questions about Jesus Christ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eyro Elloyn

10-03-2014

Christian here, expect mocking but will answer legitimate questions.

MarieTheKitten

10-03-2014

Without using the bible as evidence, please give me a response about why I should care.

Eyro Elloyn

10-03-2014

Depends on you. If you have any interest about Jesus Christ, you'll want to ask questions.

Ask Luxanna

10-03-2014

Since Jesus is reported to have exclaimed "Father, why have you forsaken me?" upon the cross, why should I worship a God that hates his own Son?

Eyro Elloyn

10-03-2014

He was quoting a psalm, one that was used to foretell of Jesus before he was born so we could have some evidence of specific prophecy. Now you can say that because he was quoting, he knew the prophecy already and could've faked it. However, me myself would not recall such a prophecy if I was whipped, beaten, and crucified.

Also, since he was our sacrifice for sin, he endured the results of sin, including separation from the Father.

Ask Luxanna

10-03-2014

Quote:
Eyro Elloyn:
He was quoting a psalm, one that was used to foretell of Jesus before he was born so we could have some evidence of specific prophecy.

How are you sure the writers of the Gospel didn't just insert that into the story for "legitimacy"? Who was there to hear what Jesus said? there is no proof of accuracy

Quote:
Now you can say that because he was quoting, he knew the prophecy already and could've faked it. However, me myself would not recall such a prophecy if I was whipped, beaten, and crucified.

But you are not the Son of God, it does not matter what you are capable of

Quote:
Also, since he was our sacrifice for sin, he endured the results of sin, including separation from the Father.

That doesn't make any sense

Eyro Elloyn

10-03-2014

Quote:
Ask Luxanna:
How are you sure the writers of the Gospel didn't just insert that into the story for "legitimacy"? Who was there to hear what Jesus said? there is no proof of accuracy

But you are not the Son of God, it does not matter what you are capable of

That doesn't make any sense

There's a wealth of information out there that accounts for the legitimacy of the gospels, including how early they were created. The Case for Christ is a great book that summarizes that.

Then you get my point as only the Son of Man can fulfill that prophecy.

God showed Moses in the old testament how sacrificing animals would put the punishment on the animals temporarily. Since Jesus is God and God has infinite value, then His sacrifice is of infinite covering of sin. Unless you don't accept the sacrifice, of course.

Ask Luxanna

10-03-2014

Quote:
Eyro Elloyn:
There's a wealth of information out there that accounts for the legitimacy of the gospels, including how early they were created. The Case for Christ is a great book that summarizes that.

There's also a wealth of information out there accounting for the illegitimacy of the gospels. The gospels themselves contradict each other so they are illegitimate on their face.

Quote:
Then you get my point as only the Son of Man can fulfill that prophecy.

But anyone can say "God, why have you forsaken me?" right before they die. That isn't a special thing to say.

Quote:
God showed Moses in the old testament how sacrificing animals would put the punishment on the animals temporarily. Since Jesus is God and God has infinite value, then His sacrifice is of infinite covering of sin. Unless you don't accept the sacrifice, of course.

But why should I accept someone's sacrifice for my sins if I'm going to be reborn again as a different person, and continually seek to attain salvation for my soul by mastering control over sin?

Reconsul

Notalent

10-03-2014

Quote:
Ask Luxanna:
There's also a wealth of information out there accounting for the illegitimacy of the gospels. The gospels themselves contradict each other so they are illegitimate on their face.

But anyone can say "God, why have you forsaken me?" right before they die. That isn't a special thing to say.

But why should I accept someone's sacrifice for my sins if I'm going to be reborn again as a different person, and continually seek to attain salvation for my soul by mastering control over sin?

The Gospels are individual accounts of the Disciples of Christ as well as additional texts that are open about the fact that the were written after Christ, and of course Revelations which is just fear mongering fiction added in at a much, much later date.

That said, have you ever read three different police reports of the same event? They are all different even if taken immediately. Its not surprising there are differences in Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John.