Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So.... Pantheon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YesManKABLAAM

10-03-2014

...So how do you counter him top?
That's all I want. (I'd rather face a Teemo than a Pantheon)
I want every possible thing, champ, item, armor, ho3 to counter him. I'm not going to say that he's OP to be safe from getting flamed on but.... I hate him. Simple as that.

Rin In A Tin Bin

Recruiter

10-03-2014

http://www.championselect.net/champions/pantheon

Just a heads up buddy

YesManKABLAAM

10-03-2014

Mmmm, delicious

blissless

10-03-2014

Cloth + 5 pots start, GG he's useless.

Tony95xx

10-04-2014

Tryndamere, then laugh hysterically as he becomes irrelevant.

Thief of Space

10-04-2014

Swain, laugh at his passive not working against your abilities and watch when you get raven form that you outheal his rotation.

Rico Suave Danny

10-04-2014

I have over prob. 1000+ games as Panth
...MANTHEON. Needless to say hes been my go to champ. With that said, to counter him TOP AND TOP ONLY:

In champ select:
Choose someone who can benefit from tank items, like chogath or voli

In lane (assuming blind pick):
Items:
Cloth 5 will kick butt, as he'll most likely go oom before he can kill ya.A noob panth will max his q, meaning his e will do little dmg. Cloth further negates his e (the strikes), his main source of dmg. Rush a early ninja tabi, with a couple health pots, and farm to your hearts desire.
Counterplay:
If he goes total noob and pushes, call in ur jungler and kill him, then taunt on his grave. He has no escapes.See his ulti? A) Flash. B) Run through the enemy area if you were trying to take the enemy turret it will confuse him, and opens up more opportunities to juke him. Do NOT push ur lane when low on health, a smart panth will ulti and kill you. Pantheon is VERY WEAK to tanky attack speed dudes, like ww, or extended trades with a GOOD olaf. Pantheon may look tough due to his early game dmg, but he either builds glass cannon, or tank (in which case he does no dmg).

More thoughts on items:
If hes smart and goes for the black cleaver and last whisper, he WILL be squishy. Build randuins omen, and watch them q.q. He falls off heavily late game as a) he has a single person stun meaning b) which means when he goes to e (his channel) he can be easily interrupted which lead to c) his death due to lack of escapes.

Final thoughts:
Early game, let him push you to tower so you can avoid some of his q spear harass. Call in your jungler for a lvl 3/4 gank when hes overextended and hes dead.

Hope this helps
-Rico

Wheaters

10-05-2014

Cho'gath basically makes him useless. You out sustain his spears early and you have already out scaled him by the time you hit catalyst.

justasmiff

10-06-2014

Gotta keep on Ryze'n to the Top against Pantheon . Ryze is ranged and can harass Pantheon out of lane by buiding straight Tank, Mana, and CDR (RoA, Frozen Heart, Archangel's Staff, etc.) without running oom. He also doesn't have to worry about Pantheon's passive and completely outscales him come late game. In lane he has similar weaknesses: No escapes, single target CC, low waveclear (until lvl 6), and no real form of sustain hp wise (again until lvl 6). Rush a Tear (start with saphire crystal and 2 hp pots and back at 300g), buy a ton of wards, and farm to your heart's content. Your build should go as follows: Tear of the Goddess (leave it for a while), RoA, Frozen Heart, Archangel'S Staff, Void Staff, Banshee's Vail, and situational boots (usually either Mercury Treads, Sorcerer's Shoes, or Ninja Tabi, all with the Furor Enchantment). I run 4/5/21 Masteries to get 10% CDR to start with, plus 10% from Overload's Passive, and 20% from FH to make a full 40% on the second full-item purchase.