Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Fix ranked, ffs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

numlockd

10-03-2014

So I've worked on trying to climb to gold before this season is over. I reached 91 lp at silver 2, with pretty consistent play the whole way having a bad game here or there. That's as far as it got. Every ranked game I've played since then, I get two to three people on my team who literally belong in the lowest depths of bronze from their play. Feeding lanes 7 kills before 15 minutes, going into enemy jungle with no vision against obvious bait.

I've since then dropped down to mid silver 3. Every game I've been up in my lane or at least going even, not giving up kills and staying even in farm with even trades back and forth. Is this some kind of joke riot? I can take a loss or two in a row, no biggie, but to get morons on my team EVERY SINGLE GAME.. that's something entirely different.

Something else has to factor in rank.. wins and losses just don't do it justice. There are awful players I've seen in gold that have clearly been carried there. I'm not saying by any stretch I deserve to be diamond, I'm not claiming to be that good, but this game requires some degree of common sense that a good majority of players lack.

I ask teams to not extend, to ward, and play safer when they're behind in lane, and they refuse to listen and are just blood thirsty. They'll fight their lane matchup even if their opponent is fed to no end thinking they can win. Simple concepts of how to win are impossible to get through to most of the people at this elo.

Ranked play is an awful joke and I'm the ****ty punchline.

Echo5kw

10-03-2014

Go read any other thread about ranked for the forums responses to this.

The short, improve your own play, work on your own mistakes. stop building coin as a support, especially as thresh. the mountain line is superior in every way. your runes and masteries are actually ok, which is rare for most of the brats that whine about ranked on here. If you truly are staying just 'even' in lane, then you're not going to climb. a lot of your games are low on cs, and the ones that are high should be lower (naut). every time you lose, assume it's your fault and look at ways of improving your play, you can't influence your team mates. if you're better than mid-high silver, you'll climb.

numlockd

10-03-2014

I do usually prefer the mountain on thresh, but the proc from those line of items seems to be very bugged with him, which is why i opt for the coin. Plus the movement speed to either try and follow up on a kill or get away is something I'm very fond of. Most of my adcs when I'm playing support seem to not play adc very much at all.

I know I do make my mistakes and I'll improve from them, but I actually will note my mistakes and work on them. I can see a lot of players are not doing that.

Pointing out on naut, I really don't prefer to play him as a jungler, but we needed a good solid tank and some cc, which he is amazing at. I ganked all 3 lanes within a few minutes with success pulling my lanes ahead but they couldn't transfer over those kills into a lead and just got outplayed by way better players.

Like I said, I know I have my areas to improve on, but being matched with people on my team who just appear to be clueless makes me scratch my head how they even get into silver.

Whoa There Betsy

10-03-2014

#BronzeLogic

Also going even in lane every game won't help you win, you gotta win your lane every game then spread your advantage.

TheStevenWu

10-04-2014

People have bad games, just like you do. If they should be in bronze, so should you.

Let's look at your match history.

10/2/2014: 1/7/4 as Thresh. You died 5 times before 20 minutes. You belong in bronze.

10/2/2014: 0/8/14 as Amumu... on the WINNING team. Your team won with you having <2.0 KDA. Looking at the team's score, you and bot would be to blame if the game was lost. FYI, not a single dragon scored.

10/1/2014: 1/6/7 as thresh

9/30/14: 1/7/9 as thresh

These games count for 4 of your last 10 games. That's 40%. None of the 10 games did you hard carry the team besides MAYBE your most recent amumu game going 4/4/17. Your games average 35 minutes with at more than 5 deaths per game.

To top it all off, this is at mid-silver level. By the way, the 3/14 ryze in your lucian game has a better last 10 game statistics as you. The 2/7/0 vayne in your jayce match also has better last 10 game statistics as you. Judging from the last 10 games, you are worse than both these "feeders" in your most recent games.

tl;dr: stop raging at riot for your own obvious lackings.

brenvers

10-04-2014

Thestevenwu you are a god

Meserion

10-04-2014

your probably where carried to your rank in some way, the real test is maintaining such a high rank in the face of such poorly coordinated teams.

pig of denmark

10-04-2014

Quote:
Echo5kw:
Go read any other thread about ranked for the forums responses to this.

The short, improve your own play, work on your own mistakes. stop building coin as a support, especially as thresh. the mountain line is superior in every way. your runes and masteries are actually ok, which is rare for most of the brats that whine about ranked on here. If you truly are staying just 'even' in lane, then you're not going to climb. a lot of your games are low on cs, and the ones that are high should be lower (naut). every time you lose, assume it's your fault and look at ways of improving your play, you can't influence your team mates. if you're better than mid-high silver, you'll climb.

how is mountain better than coin? i like coin on leo but because of the free gold and mobility it give me.