Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Why my ban ?????

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Verideathul

Senior Member

10-03-2014

Quote:
sitael searlock:
and i sended the report to my game bug... but riot never ban the true toxic...


Actually, the 5th ban wave for toxicity just went out the other day. It's aimed at the most toxic of the players in the system, those who have either displayed extreme toxicity or persistent negative behavior.

Edit: I should say "5th major ban wave" as these aren't the only ban waves Riot's ever done. These are just more major in that they are two week or permanent bans.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sitael searlock

Junior Member

10-03-2014

so Disconnect is not leaving if we try to reconnect...but you ban for disconnect too... wheres the logic ? Disconnect not the summoner fault.. Just doing a ****ing game without bug !


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Verideathul

Senior Member

10-03-2014

Quote:
sitael searlock:
so Disconnect is not leaving if we try to reconnect...but you ban for disconnect too... wheres the logic ? Disconnect not the summoner fault.. Just doing a ****ing game without bug !


A long enough disconnect will flag the game regardless if you reconnect. This is because your team was forced to fight a 4v5 for a significant amount of time. Also, disconnects are not Riot's fault either and in the process other summoners were hurt. The Leaverbuster bans are more for public policy for telling people to ensure that 1) the bugs aren't there, 2) the connection is fine, and 3) people aren't leaving for no reason consistently. Can you make a public policy argument as to why you should be unbanned when all of the leniency had been used up prior to this ban?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sitael searlock

Junior Member

10-03-2014

yes, yesterday i play 6 consecutive game with a player disconnect/reconnect/disconnect/reconnect... i saw more people have problems with the last patch. My last game (before im banned) i disconnect 15 first min. I send the bug report to riot, and i reconnect after 15min (the game has 43 min longer) and i helped my team. and after this game im banned. (but i reconnect to this game .. ) 1h a.m. i disconnect from a game without reconnect. (obligation to reinstall the game .. 4 hours to install your game)

Im a victim in that story.. (for today)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Verideathul

Senior Member

10-03-2014

Quote:
sitael searlock:
yes, yesterday i play 6 consecutive game with a player disconnect/reconnect/disconnect/reconnect... i saw more people have problems with the last patch. My last game (before im banned) i disconnect 15 first min. I send the bug report to riot, and i reconnect after 15min (the game has 43 min longer) and i helped my team. and after this game im banned. (but i reconnect to this game .. ) 1h a.m. i disconnect from a game without reconnect. (obligation to reinstall the game .. 4 hours to install your game)

Im a victim in that story.. (for today)


You have to keep in mind that the real victims here are the ones who had to fight 4v5s. Your ban is about compelling you to do whatever it takes to stop afking/dcing/idling in games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Miel Vanhaider

Recruiter

10-03-2014

x3 This totally got you no where. As Verideathul stated, Riot will not lift that ban even if it was unfair. They will not answer you either x3 Probably will have a chuckle at the problem. I got the same problem yesterday with the update, making bugsplat error and having me dc. The problem in here is mostly players per say. As they don't have the courtesy to understand that everyone gets the error of having a DC or crashing game. I know I no longer report for this situations. Unless of course it's clearly obvious and even state the game is over and are like afk for now, and they do it. Those are different scenarios.
Once you get the attempting to reconnect, you either A. Stay and wait for it to hopefully come back. (Not likely) Or B. You crash your game, so your teammates don't have to put up with another AI. At least in my cases as I rather play AI than Normal. As that's what got me banned on the first place. Too sensitive players on that game type. When it was all a bug from Riot. You can't tell me it's not a problem with their client as many have had this trouble and tried fixing it but gotten no where with it. And of course Riot will not recognize it's a problem even if they have on previous weeks at some times, but they can't recognize it each time or people will stop playing over all till it's safe. And yes that's actually what Riot suggest. "You can't play normal? Go play custom and stop complaining" It's the basic message you get with the first warning. Excluding people with the bug to play a rather no IP or XP game gain type.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sanshoku

Junior Member

10-03-2014

Verideathul asked you a very simple question: how long was the ban?

If we know from when (you get that e-mail) until when (what is in the e-mail), then we can at least tell you if it was a LeaverBuster ban or a behavioural ban. Additionally, it might be a permanent ban, usually marked as being until Feb 22, 2xxx 22:22:22 (PST or UTC depending on region).

Given your posting, you could have easily gotten any type of ban. "******* game i want to a play or the refund" (this is a paraphrase, but more or less what you meant) is not a great way to convince us of anything. Additionally, what exactly do you want refunded in a free-to-play game?

OP.GG has you at 0 points for leaving (usually very good). The problem is what else could have got you banned.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sharkshocker

Member

10-03-2014

Quote:
Miel Vanhaider:
x3 This totally got you no where. As Verideathul stated, Riot will not lift that ban even if it was unfair. They will not answer you either x3 Probably will have a chuckle at the problem. I got the same problem yesterday with the update, making bugsplat error and having me dc. The problem in here is mostly players per say. As they don't have the courtesy to understand that everyone gets the error of having a DC or crashing game.

If the problem is with Riot's servers then they turn on loss prevention and those games will not be marked by Leaverbuster.

And it's not that people giving their input here don't understand, it's that they know that Leaverbuster is an automated system and the punishments it hands out are not overturned. While having such a system may sound harsh it also has some leniency built in to it, to account for people having connection problems occasionally.

I had a game yesterday where I bugsplatted twice because I was playing on a Mac, but I knew there was the risk of being dropped (because Riot has notified people) and so I was taking a chance at it. If I ended up getting marked by Leaverbuster that would be on me. At the same time, if people are having consistent connection problems and it's not due to Riot's servers, it would be in their best interest to look into it so they don't get punished by Leaverbuster.

Quote:
As that's what got me banned on the first place. Too sensitive players on that game type. When it was all a bug from Riot. You can't tell me it's not a problem with their client as many have had this trouble and tried fixing it but gotten no where with it.

I haven't heard of anyone who got punished for leaving through reports and not by Leaverbuster. Most likely if it was an afk issue you were already noted by Leaverbuster.

I believe Riot sent out a hotfix for the Mac error yesterday but found that the error can happen on both Mac and Windows, and they were still finalizing the fix. Just because the issue is still there doesn't mean it's being ignored.

Quote:

And yes that's actually what Riot suggest. "You can't play normal? Go play custom and stop complaining" It's the basic message you get with the first warning.

Can you give a source on this? If anything I think you might be misquoting what was said, as it's general advice to "test your connection by playing a custom game first".

I myself do the same after going through a bugsplat, it might suck but it's better than the alternative of risking my account with Leaverbuster. Besides I don't think it'd be fun playing a game worrying that you can be dropped at any time, it'd be better to work on the solution and check if everything's running smoothly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sitael searlock

Junior Member

10-04-2014

anyway.. if i wouldnt be ban again, i have only one solution.... Pay $2500 for a best computer.... only for playing a game... ridiculous..

well, my ban is until october 4, we are october 4 and i cant connect...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yujiza

Senior Member

10-04-2014

I honestly find it so bizarre.

Almost a week ago I disconnected from a game although I was still able to browse the web.

I restarted my computer and router to make sure everything was reset to rejoin asap. I join 10 minutes later and we eventually lose (my series too).

My account is in good standing. The way you're describing seems like you had a few situations like I did but Riot chooses to get you, and not me.

Does that sound outrageous?

I'm not sure how players are experiencing these "bugs" or not seeking a way to fix them before entering another game.

Besides the bug where my screen would be off center years ago, I've yet to experience one to date. These errors must be displaying information why it's happening. Does it?


123