Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Helmet Bro's Past

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EndGamer11

10-03-2014

What is the history of Helmet Bro, before the encounter with Vel'Koz? Actually, Helmet Bro's family? As shown in Malphite's and now Cho's splashes, there are multiple helmeted warriors. What is their past?

My theory begins with every picture of Helmet Bro depicting him doing battle with a legendary creature. From this we know he engages in feats of immense skill, possibly as a hired force or mercanary group. How does such a powerful group not have a home? It must have been destroyed, or some other calamity befell it.

Next I saw the Shurima cinematic. Pictured before the rising Sun Disc was a chasm, across from which was an army at attention. What are they there for? We know that Shurima is abandoned, so they did not come from inside. Was a group waiting for their kingdom to emerge? Was a spy at a certain bazzar at the same time as a Noxian noble and a bounty hunter? Did he alert his superiors someone was going to uncover the lost empire, their past home?

We know the Shuriman empire ended shortly after Xerath stole Ascention and Azir became disheartened. My theory is that some of the population left to form a new group, and high up in the mountains, the image of the Sun Disc still in mind, the Solari are formed. A small group defacts to a small nearby canyon because of the persecution over their praise to the moon, and so forms the Lunari. Wiped out by the more powerful Solari, the valley is forgotten. A group of disillusioned soldiers, not enjoying the strict rule by the Solari, defect and leave to make another colony, a bit farther away. Training their children from a young age to fight in case of a Solari raid, the new settlement resembles Sparta. Pantheon's bloodline is now established, and eventually, both of these groups forget their animosity and live in tolerence. However, a dispute takes place, and a small band of elite warriors breaks off and becomes nomadic. Needing funds to repair weapons and fix armor, they become sellswords, and because of their immense skill, they become the most wanted group across the land. Generations pass, and the Fifth Rune war takes place, along with all subsequent events. The people of Runeterra need protection from various powerful beings. Of all the warriors, only the skill of the Helmet Legion can best the strength of the monsters, making them the sole hunters of dangerous beings (besides Rengar). Thus concludes my Tinfoil Hat theory on the past of Helmet Bro.

My evidence is as follows:

1. The Shuriman Empire and the Solari both praise the Sun.
2. The designs of Helmet Bro's and Pantheon's helmets are nearly the same
3. The Helmet Tribe are depicted as taking on the biggest threats to humanity, along with having massive physical and magical strength in Summoner Icons

TLDR: Shuriman Empire -> Solari -> Pantheon's Tribe -> Helmet Legion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SkarnerScorpion

10-03-2014

wait is helmet bro the guy who is on all the icons for summoner spells?