Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Taric needs a new passive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CoolSpot2

10-03-2014

Taric needs a new passive. Something that works into his playstyle.

Taric doesn't get to harass in lane .
He never gona run magic penetration .
He doesn't run any attack speed .

His passive is irreverent throughout the game . He is not a DPS champion to utilize it .

Infact not having mana on hit anymore decreased his sustain significantly .So Taric can't push minions with basic attack but morgana can vomit her W all over the minions?

I think Taric needs some kind of utility on passive to make him more of a adc protector . Something among the lines of Nautilus .

For Example:

Ground Smash:

Taric hits ground at enemy's feet knocking single target in the air dealing 20(+10% of bonus hp) in magic damage) This effect can only occur on same champion every 12 seconds . Doesn't work on creeps .

Thief of Space

10-03-2014

I completely agree that Taric needs a new passive, his one currently is pretty **** and he isnt as disruptive as the other tank supports.

Even if you build up alot of armor his passive doesnt hit that hard to make it worth noticing and his cds are still huge as hell even if you proc it 2-3 times.

CoolSpot2

10-03-2014

Quote:
Thief of Space:
I completely agree that Taric needs a new passive, his one currently is pretty **** and he isnt as disruptive as the other tank supports.

Even if you build up alot of armor his passive doesnt hit that hard to make it worth noticing and his cds are still huge as hell even if you proc it 2-3 times.

That is a very good point .

I FIND THAT I CAN"T DO **** LATE GAME TO PROTECT ADC . Stun and heal have too long of a cooldown .

Kuroi86

10-03-2014

My job as Taric isn't to protect the ADC, my job is to force the enemy team to focus me, because if they don't, I'm going to bend them all over and show them why Ezreal walks funny.

Jbels

10-03-2014

I don't like this new passive either. I miss Top lane Manamune Taric...=_=

hobomann2

10-03-2014

give him not **** mana everything
change his passive to more justify its existence and still having its CD reduction(thats pretty cool)
give his ult a pantheon W esc hop to it

Robot Beat Rally

10-06-2014

I think his passive is great... it's even better if you get a little risky and buy iceborn gauntlets. They really don't expect you to knock em with that double whallop... often times they will be focusing the ADC... I'll hit em with a passive/icebornarooni and then they will panic. Has won a lot of engages for me and even picked me up a lot of kills that the ADC couldn't nail.

Personally I love taric and I think he is both a strong pick and balanced... but that's just me.

If I had to change one thing on him I might just reduce his mana costs by a tiny bit.

EndlessSorcerer

10-06-2014

Taric's passive isn't that great in lane as support aside from lowering cooldowns. However, it is great when you take Taric into the top lane or just get to late game as a support. If you get Iceborn Gauntlet and some CDR, you can 1v1 a lot of champions later in the game which not a lot of supports can do. It also allows you to spam your abilities during fights as long as you autoattack between casts and adds a lot to your damage.