Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Banned for 33% patch causing me to afk

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The King Reptar

10-02-2014

Hello, i normally dont go on these threads but i feel that my ban was un justified and not my fault. i have been expierencing disconnects from games after the new patches causing me to get dced and people to report for afk etc. this time especially, because i was loading into a new game and was expierencing issues launching the game after character select. then i relogged to fix it and reconnect and it started patching out of no where and was stuck at the 33% mark causing me to wait for it to verify files. it loaded up to about 5k and took 20 minutes or so. when i joined the game we survived but ended up losing causing me to lose my promotion matches aswell dropping me out of series and then they issues me a ban for afk. if you could lift this ban for me it would be greatly appreciated.

WhyFii

10-03-2014

Edited cause I felt stupid..

kaleb bartlett

10-03-2014

Quote:
The King Reptar:
Hello, i normally dont go on these threads but i feel that my ban was un justified and not my fault. i have been expierencing disconnects from games after the new patches causing me to get dced and people to report for afk etc. this time especially, because i was loading into a new game and was expierencing issues launching the game after character select. then i relogged to fix it and reconnect and it started patching out of no where and was stuck at the 33% mark causing me to wait for it to verify files. it loaded up to about 5k and took 20 minutes or so. when i joined the game we survived but ended up losing causing me to lose my promotion matches aswell dropping me out of series and then they issues me a ban for afk. if you could lift this ban for me it would be greatly appreciated.

You didn't get suspended for this ONE time, you got hit for continuous AFK/Leaves, and this one game was the straw that broke the camel's back.

The King Reptar

10-03-2014

and thats riots faults not mine. they had the server issues which caused me to dc and disconnect all those times. thats how i got reported half the time. and this time was worse because i was banned by thier system failing causing me to get punished for a game i never left. i dont understand what your arguing. if you had 3 strikes before they sent you to jail and you robbed a store once. then you get blamed for a BNE and then like grand theft auto when you did nothing at all and then sent to jail is that justice being served ? and to be honest i dont mind this current ban but the fact that from now on if something happens again from riot and more dcs happen i get a more intense ban when im not the one thats leaving the game its the game it self not working like it should i should get my strikes redeemed on my account. and the logs should show that that is what was causing it from leaver buster and what other bugsplats that have been sent every time it does something like this.

Verideathul

10-03-2014

Quote:
The King Reptar:
and thats riots faults not mine. they had the server issues which caused me to dc and disconnect all those times. thats how i got reported half the time. and this time was worse because i was banned by thier system failing causing me to get punished for a game i never left. i dont understand what your arguing. if you had 3 strikes before they sent you to jail and you robbed a store once. then you get blamed for a BNE and then like grand theft auto when you did nothing at all and then sent to jail is that justice being served ? and to be honest i dont mind this current ban but the fact that from now on if something happens again from riot and more dcs happen i get a more intense ban when im not the one thats leaving the game its the game it self not working like it should i should get my strikes redeemed on my account. and the logs should show that that is what was causing it from leaver buster and what other bugsplats that have been sent every time it does something like this.

The analogy you should be thinking of is more of a college or graduate level attendance policy. Sure, the 5th time you've missed class may have been for a hospital trip, but what was the reason for having missed class the other 4 times?

Additionally, let's think this through:

1) If everyone was having issues to the point you are, they'd all be here complaining.
2) Who's likely to have more issues with connections? The mega-corporation with the servers, or the average summoner with an average laptop?

The King Reptar

10-03-2014

wait wait... no wait... are you ACTUALLY defending riots latency problem and issues with server updates the last couple patches are you joking ? take a look at reddit im not the only one with this specific error or bans related to this or previous disconnects. its not my fault im getting banned for playing a game i love and spend hundreds of hundreds of dollars on RP.

Yujiza

10-03-2014

Wait wait.. What latency issues?

I haven't been experiencing them.

Then again, almost a week ago I got disconnected from the game although my internet was working (can browse the web). I managed to reconnect 10 minutes later almost, barely lost the game too (damn).

I never got suspended, weird.. o.o

kaleb bartlett

10-05-2014

Quote:
The King Reptar:
wait wait... no wait... are you ACTUALLY defending riots latency problem and issues with server updates the last couple patches are you joking ? take a look at reddit im not the only one with this specific error or bans related to this or previous disconnects. its not my fault im getting banned for playing a game i love and spend hundreds of hundreds of dollars on RP.

if it was actually this ONE time then you wouldn't have gotten a suspension, but you had left/afked WAY more than just this ONE time and so used all your leeway when it comes to accidental leaving. you can't blame riot for all of those OTHER times you left.