Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Flooding Bot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImpendingDeath

10-02-2014

I've been away from Dominion for a long time, and I'm quite out of practice. At the Elo I'm playing, a lot of teams flood bot as a response to losing. It usually works, since my team will not coordinate to bot or respond by attacking the enemy mid. I have lost many games this way, and it's an annoying strategy when your team is uncoordinated. What is the best way to respond to this strategy?

Naethyn

10-02-2014

If your team is surely losing 4v4 top send four bot and only send one to defend your mid. The goal is to capture bot and let them faceroll one at a time. If they switch to bot evac bot and go to top as soon as possible. Switching pressure is one of the main reasons characters with runspeed are good. The main point is instead of a sure 4v4 loss top you can instead set up a 3v3 or a 2v2 to gain an advantage with the ultimate goal of capping top.

KaWraith

10-03-2014

Quote:
ImpendingDeath:
I've been away from Dominion for a long time, and I'm quite out of practice. At the Elo I'm playing, a lot of teams flood bot as a response to losing. It usually works, since my team will not coordinate to bot or respond by attacking the enemy mid. I have lost many games this way, and it's an annoying strategy when your team is uncoordinated. What is the best way to respond to this strategy?

Attacking the enemy mid is actually a fairly good strategy... If the enemy team is attacking your bot point, take windmill (if you don't already have it) and then their mid.
If they back off your bot point to defend their mid, retake it, otherwise take their bot point too. I have had games where 5 people sat on my bot point, and let themselves be 4 capped everywhere else. Once they recall to take back their bot/mid, you can recover your bot point.

It is hard to talk strategy during a fast paced match, but you can often spam pings to show what you are doing. (danger ping bot, on my way to windmill/mid, assist me at speed shrine. If your team is super uncoordinated, it might be asking too much of them to try high level strategies, but "stick together" and "lets gank someone in the jungle" are usually not too hard to understand.

FDru

10-04-2014

This happened a lot to me when I was playing bot. If the enemy team would send 3-4 and camp our bot, I would yell at my team to ignore bot and let the enemy hold it. I'd backcap their bot while the rest of the team assaulted their mid (and hopefully won and held the top 3).

If your team can't get their mid when their whole team is at your bot then they are awful and you have no hope anyway.