Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why was Talon's silence removed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flipsy

10-03-2014

They're removing instantaneous and single-target silences (LB, Talon, Kassadin, and Soraka), not all of them. All other silences currently have time for you to react for the most part.

Red Frost

10-03-2014

Please, you could of reduced the duration of his silence, make it half a second, but please don't give him something he already has, his W's slow is more then enough for talon. This feels like a sloppy nerf do to this, and it also removes a lot from talon, he should be at least able to stop channeling spells, like kass's "Q".
-riot please reply

Llanite

10-03-2014

Jesus I've never seen a non-talon comes to say "TALON UP". Only talon comes QQ "talon is fine".

Shador13

10-03-2014

As a talon player I think the notion of his silence giving no counter play is ridiculous. the counter play to talon has always been stacking armor and rushing Armguard. Maybe buy a pink for his ult. As long as a mage can survive his burst and are ready got on the counterattack, they have a good shot.

EffectFX

10-03-2014

Quote:
Shador13:
As a talon player I think the notion of his silence giving no counter play is ridiculous. the counter play to talon has always been stacking armor and rushing Armguard. Maybe buy a pink for his ult. As long as a mage can survive his burst and are ready got on the counterattack, they have a good shot.

"as a talon player". Yeah most talon players don't understand the obvious.

Not every character can stack armor and still be useful early/mid game. If you're only option for counterplay is to stack a stat you don't scale with then that's not exactly a good thing. Because now sure, you're tanky, but you don't do anything else either. Armguard doesn't provide NEARLY enough defensive stats early game even if you build it first (resists are meaningless early game without the HP to back it up).

Targeted Silences on an assassin denied counterplay for champions who NEED to build some kind of offense early/mid game, ESPECIALLY when the user is snowballing.

Shador13

10-03-2014

are you kidding me, armor stacking is the bane of talon players, you dont need hp early. and armgaurd builds into an hourglass, which is 120 ap. so they are going to still be plenty uselefull early/mid. And the thing is, armor runes + armguard is all they really need. I'm not asking them to build a randuins or anything.

EffectFX

10-03-2014

Quote:
Shador13:
are you kidding me, armor stacking is the bane of talon players, you dont need hp early. and armgaurd builds into an hourglass, which is 120 ap. so they are going to still be plenty uselefull early/mid. And the thing is, armor runes + armguard is all they really need. I'm not asking them to build a randuins or anything.

Because clearly every champion can build early armor and be useful! Because every champion can build Zhonyas! That was sarcasm by the way, since ADCs/Assasins need AD, supports need support items, and several mages absolutely require mana regen early game. HP is universally stronger than resists early game by the way.

You can't zhonyas while you silenced by the way. I have never seen a early armguard rush shut down a talon.

Big Dirty Deuce

10-04-2014

His silence needed removed. He could insta kill any squishy mage mid lane while they just watched. The only way you could trade was if you lived his burst lol. People will complain but it needed to be done. Hes still a great champion you just have to factor in enemy cc and if you can burst them fast enough now before you go in. All they did was give him a little bit of risk to go all in, it was definitely needed.

Thief of Space

10-04-2014

Mages now in the laning phase can just react to the blink in and probably outplay him like a Viktor dropping his W on his feet right when talon cut's in.

indirect buff to Fizz vs Talon matchup since he can pole the moment talon blinks in and maybe avoid a Rake + Q.

The silence removal feels like it gives the person getting jumped on the ability to instantly stop him from doing anything.

I always run armor yellows on my ap runes and will buy a fast seekers unless im Ryze then I buy a glacial while laning vs Talon.

EpicXPlay

Recruiter

10-04-2014

Talon needed his Silence to do move like jump on the jg and counter his gank , or jump on LeBlanc and kill her but now he can't do that because she jumped. Let's talk about his slow, that's nothing . 0,25 that's such a bad thing, even if it's 99% , 0.25 is really bad. Please do something good about Talon, you removed his silence, buff him.